Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

High School Grades

deathring109deathring109 Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
So, I'll be going into the active duty military in August for about 3 years. My grades in high school have been pretty good, with a 3.2-3.3 overall GPA unweighted, and a 32 on my ACT. However, right now I'm taking Calc AB and am having serious problems with it. I got a C last semester, and now I have a D+ this semester. This will be my only D of any kind throughout high school, and I'm going to work really hard to bring it up 4 percentage points to get the C, but at this point, I think I'm going to end up getting a D. I want to go to Mizzou and either major in Journalism or Psychology/Sociology now, so how much will that one D affect that? If I choose to go another route to a college, how will it affect that. For example, I'm also considering Illinois Wesleyan and Saint Louis University, will this affect how I get into those colleges at all? Would it be better just to drop the class, which I definitely can, I've already talked to guidance about it.

Replies to: High School Grades

This discussion has been closed.