Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How do you balance your classes with your military lifestyle?

ltfezhaltfezha Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
Obviously, all of us have difference jobs (Marines shoots, Army bear crawls, Navy sails and AF sits).

I just want to hear your experiences with balancing classes with your job/duties/lifestyle.

I take my classes online and they are pretty straightforward. I can't complain. However, what gets to me are the days of doing...meaningless work in my unit. You know that feeling. I return to the barracks, straighten up my room, and take a shower, relax and remind myself why am I studying in my free time: I want to get better, be something and be someone.

Just my 2 cents.

Replies to: How do you balance your classes with your military lifestyle?

• WFDD89WFDD89 Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    Hey Itfezha,

I can't tell you how it is taking online classes and military duty because I haven't had a chance to take classes when I served in the Marine Corps (I just got out of last year). Nevertheless, I could tell you how I balance my life between working full time (40+ hours/over time), going to school full time, and a personal life (I am married but no kids). I took 14 credit hours (5 classes) at a state university in NC while working full time as a security officer. I would go to the classes every day in the morning and go to the work right after in the evenings. Luckily, I can do school work while I'm working when there is no busy traffic in the building that I work at as a guard. I picked the schedule where I had Tuesdays and Thursdays off and work the rest of the week including the weekend because I can focus on studying and doing homework on weekend because it is more quiet in the building on weekends. Now, what did I do on my off days from work? I still studied and did whatever I had to do to catch up on classes but I also had to spent time with my wife but she understands why I had to do what I had to do: I would like to keep getting good grades, do internships with accounting firms, and land a job within 4 years. This is just how I balance my time…in the end, it is all about time management.
This discussion has been closed.