Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I signed up for 3 yrs contract enlisment with U.S. army. I am excited and nervous.

KafkaisaloneKafkaisalone Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
Tell me I am going to be okay!!!!!!!! I am anxious and as'dfjlap'weoirl;fk

Replies to: I signed up for 3 yrs contract enlisment with U.S. army. I am excited and nervous.

• WasatchWriterWasatchWriter Registered User Posts: 2,528 Senior Member
    You'll be better than OK. Almost everyone I've ever known who spent time in the volunteer military returned to civilian life with a strong sense of purpose and a real understanding of what hard work means.
  • ltfezhaltfezha Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    I don't know how old you are. I'm going to assume late teens, early 20's. When you finish basic training, you'll look at people differently. You will no longer be a civilian, but a military guy/gal. You will know how to endure rigors, be resilient and adapt. To some people, it comes harshly. Others, it comes quick.

Also, you'll learn to wait....a lot. :smiley:
    Start planning what you want to do. Do you want to continue college while enlisted? Or reenlist? Green to Gold? Start thinking, because about 6 months will be scooped from training. One year from your separation date, you'll need to make a choice whether you'll stay in or not. Best of luck, and do not give up.
  • KafkaisaloneKafkaisalone Registered User Posts: 39 Junior Member
    I am 23 yrs old...hopefully I am not too old for the millitary haha. Yes, I am thinking of doing ROTC after my initial contract (earned Associate's). I will also be taking classes while in millitary if possible.
  • ImMike87ImMike87 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    After boot camp was over I found that life in the military was better than I thought it would be. You will make sacrifices no doubt but I wouldn't sweat it, you will be fine! Best of luck :)
This discussion has been closed.