Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Service to School --- veterans helping veterans

thestandardthestandard Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
edited July 2017 in Veterans
Just wanted to raise awareness of this non-profit that was founded by vets and is fully vet operated. The group helps veterans by providing complete free college admissions advice/counselling. The organization has directly help veterans gain admission to every Ivy League school, Stanford, MIT, Cal, UChicago etc etc

google: 'service to school' and reach out and you can get free personalized help from a fellow vet at one of your target schools. I've personally mentored around 25 applicants to admission at Stanford and ever Ivy including Harvard/Yale/Princeton. There's also help if you are aiming for schools like UMD, or UNC or anything in between.

Stanford grad myself, and was admitted to 9 of the 11 schools I applied to. Happy to help as well just PM me

Replies to: Service to School --- veterans helping veterans

• Mangorind86Mangorind86 Registered User Posts: 15 Junior Member
    @thestandard Thanks for the post. I've seen the S2S program but haven't tried it out. In all honesty, it's due to fear of rejection/failure.

How would you say that the services helps veterans get accepted into these colleges?

I like to consider myself a hard worker but don't see myself as anything special/extraordinary aside from my veteran status.
  • thestandardthestandard Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    @Mangorind86 the program provides mentorship from veterans that have managed to transfer into these schools that seem out of reach. Literally a non-profit built by veterans, for veterans, that helps share the knowledge folks have accrued over the years in navigating this process. There's no downside to partaking so I wouldnt worry about rejection as a part of S2S. I've known many hard working vets that didn't see themselves as remarkable that have since graduated from Ivy League and their peer type schools like Stanford, MIT, Duke, Georgetown etc etc along with big state schools like Michigan and UNC. The point of the org is to help vets not sell themselves short in this process