right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: AMALehigh is a rising sophomore at Lehigh University, majoring in Finance. He answers questions about academics, networking, finance, Greek life, or Lehigh in general. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Just when is too late?

twerdisnaktwerdisnak 0 replies1 threads New Member
I attended University of Houston for a couple of years then DLIWC for 37 weeks Russian Language in 1968. While I still remember and even dream in Russian - I am not fluent as I was back then for lack of practice. In fact, my German is still quite good - immersion 3 years - where most did not speak English. Am I just dreaming of a degree in the future or is 70 years old too late to think about college again? My last year at UofH was 1971 - just one course - calculus - just to see if I could hack it after my 4 years as a soldier. (by the way I passed)
7 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Just when is too late?

• NorthernMom61NorthernMom61 4179 replies30 threads Senior Member
    It’s never too late! If you can afford it, why not?
    · Reply · Share
  • happy1happy1 24015 replies2407 threads Super Moderator
    edited June 2018
    Agree -- it is never too late. Some colleges even have programs and services specifically geared for non-traditional students.
    edited June 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • NHufferNHuffer Forum Champion GWU 989 replies2 threads Forum Champion
    I concur that it's never too late. In fact, I'm hoping/planning on taking courses after retirement as I'm a strong advocate of life-long learning.
    · Reply · Share
  • austinmshauriaustinmshauri 9862 replies379 threads Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    We have a thread somewhere about adults heading back to school now that our children are grown. There are quite a few of us. My thought was that someday I'll be 80 or 90, and I can be 80 or 90 with the education I want or without it. I wanted to set a good example for my children so I chose to go back to school. So far, I love it.
    edited July 2018
    · Reply · Share
  • bopperbopper Forum Champion CWRU 14503 replies106 threads Forum Champion
    You could also ask:
    Do I need a college degree?
    Do I want a college degree?
    Do I just want to learn the material?
    · Reply · Share
  • NikkolinaNikkolina 15 replies1 threads Junior Member
    The main thing is to have a great desire and desire, everything will turn out.
    · Reply · Share
  • Dancingmom518Dancingmom518 426 replies3 threads Member
    Go for it!
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity