Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!
AKittkaAKittka Registered User Posts: 1,412 Senior Member
edited July 2008 in Villanova University
how generous is Villanova with merit aid? I won't qualify for financial aid, but still won't be able to pay for 45+k a year.

Do you think I would be able to get anything?

General Stats: 33 ACT, 4.22 W GPA, top 5%, 8 APs and honors classes, involved in sports, and ecs in and out of school.

I'm applying early action and Villanova is on the top of my list. I've read about the scholarships... full tuition, half tuition/partial tuition programs.

Has anyone here received these scholarships and do you think I might be able to qualify?

Any comments would be great.
Post edited by AKittka on

Replies to: Merit Aid

• tortonitortoni Registered User Posts: 45 Junior Member
    My son had great SAT scores, a high GPA and lots of APs and he was offered 2K in merit aid. My understanding is that only a select few get the full scholarships and much of the other merit aid is 1-3K.
  • DFSMIN54DFSMIN54 Registered User Posts: 81 Junior Member
    so they usually only offer 1-3k per year?

Bummer that is barely anything compared to the whole cost...

BTW your stats are amazing and you are probably in; I don't know about the whole scholarship situation at Nova though. I am also interested and want to know more about the merit aid here, I have heard from others that Nova is generally a school that gives away a lot of money.
  • AKittkaAKittka Registered User Posts: 1,412 Senior Member
    thanks for the post tortoni. that's kind of discouraging. is that 2k over 4 years? or 2k total?

DFS: scholarship info
    Scholarships and Grants

If you're not ROTC, URM, or commuter then the two scholarships are the Presidential Scholarship and the Villanova Scholarship.

PS: 700+ on both CR and M or 32 ACT, 3.85.. full tuition (seems like a luck of the draw)

VS: 650 both sections, 3.8 GPA, top 5%?! (where did that come from?).. $$ varies
  • twokidsatvutwokidsatvu Registered User Posts: 225 Junior Member
    My niece was offer $3000 merit aid...she was valedictorian of her class...8-9APs and a 2170 on her SAT. She applied EA. Good luck with your search.....your stats look awesome as well!!! By the way...she's at Georgetown!
    i'm guessing that's 3k every year? and it looks like 3k-4k is tops for the Villanova Scholarship.
    It was per year for the merit aid...and my s got his V bill last week and the cost is a little closer to $47,000.
    ^ wow that is expensive!
  • novagirl2012novagirl2012 Registered User Posts: 18 New Member
    Just wondering...I was admitted into the honors program. Does this offer an merit aid? I would think to be one out of 100 students in the honors program, my stats are up there!
    hmm i don't know. i think if you received any merit aid you would know by now.
    I agree...I think my n's offer came by mail. She applied EA and knew about the merit aid before regular decisions came out.
This discussion has been closed.