Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Villanova apps up 10%

Ny0rkerNy0rker Registered User Posts: 1,632 Senior Member
edited February 2010 in Villanova University
34% increase of applications from California

3200 applications from minority students (highest ever)

A bumper year for applications to top colleges | Philadelphia Inquirer | 01/31/2010
Post edited by Ny0rker on

Replies to: Villanova apps up 10%

• leo_francis101leo_francis101 Registered User Posts: 206 Junior Member
    thank god I am an international student..
  • FLVADADFLVADAD Registered User Posts: 1,602 Senior Member
    3200 applications from minority students (highest ever)

Well, maybe now they'll be able to put the ol' "Vanilla-nova" tag behind them a bit :).
  • Brave UlyssesBrave Ulysses Registered User Posts: 671 Member
    2008 had 13,800 app's.
    2009 had 15,000 applications.
    A 10% increase in 2010 would mean almost 16,500 , quite a growth.And you wonder why your Novasis account isn't up to date.

But, Vanilla-nova is not going away anytime soon!
    Using Common Data Set definitions, I would assume the 3200 "minority" applicants is comprised of other than "White, non-Hispanics" , that would mean:
    Asian or Pacific Islander ,Hispanic ,Nonresident aliens ,Black, non-Hispanic ,American Indian or Alaska Native.
    That would still leave around 13,000 white applicants.

Villanova's 34 percent increase in California applicants cited is meaningless unless you know how many they had last year.If there were 100 last year is 34 additional significant?

Application numbers are skyrocketing everywhere as High School Seniors are sending out record number of applications per student , but they still can each only enroll in 1 school.
    A few years ago , each student sent 4-8 applications , now each student is sending 8-12 and some are sending 20-30 applications.

I would have to trust the author's work , but I would love to see the source of the Villanova data.
  • mtreyesx1mtreyesx1 Registered User Posts: 273 Junior Member
    well that sucks for us deferrees.
  • eemmzz10eemmzz10 Registered User Posts: 131 Junior Member
    i second that--sucks for us deferrees

go BC!
This discussion has been closed.