right arrow
Informational Message Stay on top of the information you need to navigate the admissions process amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We've got articles, videos and forum discussions that provide answers to all of your test prep, admissions and college search questions.   Visit our COVID-19 resource page.

Introducing Kai!
Your College Confidential guide bot.

Kai can provide tips and support as you research and apply to colleges, and explore majors and careers.

Chat with Kai
here, 24/7!

or Skip Forever

A new forum experience awaits you this November! We can't wait to share it with you soon. Want to see how it looks before the big move? Experience the new CC Forums now and let us know your thoughts!

Chance me!!

Nova1234Nova1234 4 replies1 threads New Member
I am applying Early Decision for Techs Engineering School for Fall of 2016.

GPA weighted: 4.09
SAT: Math- 640, CR- 580, Writing- 620 Essay- 10 (retaking the SAT in October)
Sophomore Yr AP Classes: AP World History (A)
Junior Yr AP Classes: AP Physics 1 (B+), AP Chem (B+) , AP Lang (A-)
Senior Yr AP Classes: AP Comp Sci, AB Calc, AP Gov, AP Physics C
On the rowing team for my high school, in a dance club, NHS, in a volunteering club.
Both of my parents went to Tech for Grad school (I know legacy matters)
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance me!!

• bboop42bboop42 651 replies4 threads Member

Fall 2014 Engineering Admission Statistics (Mean)

Math SAT - 688
    Verbal SAT - 617
    GPA - 4.13

http://www.ir.vt.edu/work_we_do/demo_enroll/admission/studentAdmission.html

Good news is, based on this, you are right in the middle of the pack statistically and other factors such as course load, GPA in math/science classes, In/Out of state, etc are going to play in too which make predicting next to impossible unfortunately. Also, please note that while legacy is still considered, it is no longer a key factor/weight in the decision process. Lastly, ED is much more competitive the RD, so do not get discouraged if you are deferred till RD, many have been in the past and are accepted during RD. Best of luck.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity