Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

CalArts VS RISD Summer Program

Vox6666Vox6666 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
Hi,
I live in New York state and I've been looking into both the Cal Arts and RISD summer program. I am currently a sophomore and I have a solid background in drawing and wish to improve my skills in other branches such as painting, anatomy, and graphic design. I am considering Cal Arts for graphic design and RISD for painting or graphic design.

Any thoughts on the two programs or other summer program recommendations?

Replies to: CalArts VS RISD Summer Program

• spoonyjspoonyj Registered User Posts: 344 Member
    If you're interested in Southern California, you may want to look into Otis. My son took summer classes there, and they were intense, taught by full-time faculty members, not adjuncts. He still maintains that the figure drawing class he took there was the single best thing he ever did to prepare for art school (he's currently a sophomore at MICA). Still, the reputation of the CalArts summer program is excellent, and even though the location isn't great (very far from the city), it's a vibrant atmosphere in the summer with a lot of activity on campus, or so I've heard. With Otis, you'd be closer to the action but it won't feel as much like a college atmosphere. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.