What happens if you don't pass portfolio review after foundation courses?
My daughter is looking at graphic design programs at VCU, Virginia Tech, and George Mason. (We live in Virginia.) Like most or maybe all arts program, there's a portfolio review toward the end of the first year during which you seek acceptance into a particular arts major. I saw on VCU's website that 90% are accepted. What happens to the other 10% of first year students who aren't accepted into the arts program. They are already accepted into the university, so do they start over as non-arts majors?14 replies