right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Join us for a LIVE webinar Friday, April 3 at 3pm ET to hear from admission officers on how COVID-19 is impacting admissions at schools. Due to very high demand we will be streaming the event on our Facebook page. Let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Cooper Union is rumored to release decisions tomorrow (4/1). Share your outcome!
Tulane is rumored to release decisions today (3/31). Share your outcome!
As schools continue to announce their decisions, we put together the Class of 2024 RD Discussions Directory. Connect with fellow applicants NOW!

Movie commentary introduction

SlatemanSlateman 0 replies2 threads New Member
Hi everyone. I have to deliver tomorrow a movie commentary for my second cinema module, and I struggled with the assignment structure in the one of the first module. Since I still didn't find any useful resources, can someone tell me if this can be considered a good introduction for the assignment? (I still have to do a grammar check, so please focus only on the structure)

"Robert Rosenstone, pointing out the problems of historians in weighing historic evidence to reconstruct history, stated how “dramatic films and documentaries deliver the past in a highly developed, polished form that serves to suppress rather than raise questions,” (1995:13) illustrating a familiar portrait that rarely deviates from the general knowledge. While mainstream movies tend to reproduce an unnatural reality where “bits and pieces are stuck together according to certain codes of representation, conventions of film that have been developed to create what may be called ‘cinematic realism’,” (Rosenstone:54) avant-garde cinema delivered a different historical perspective by breaking the pattern of traditional cinema. In this regard, Okamoto Kihachi, who fought in World War II at age 19, contributed to developing post-classical war movies by distancing the viewer from any existing style and narration, realizing key films ranging from tragedy to farce."
0 replies
· Reply · Share