Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
2»

Replies to: sva

• modiammodiam Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    while that may be true, it is somewhat irrelevant at the undergraduate level.
  • jerzgrlmomjerzgrlmom Registered User Posts: 1,245 Senior Member
    As for the city location and lack of dorms, that seems to be a personal preference. My d took BU and Northeastern off her list because she didn't like the ciy and lack of campus at BU. She feels the same way about the NYC schools. BUT we know of a kid who is not thrilled with his acceptance to Brown (which is next to RISD) because he doesn't consider it much of a city. He's anxiously hoping to get off the waiting list at Georgetown. He was rejected from NYU (his dream school). One of the top art students at our HS is going to SVA next year.
  • unsoccer-momunsoccer-mom Registered User Posts: 562 Junior Member
    Well, yes Taxguy, We are absolutely aware of the rankings. My daughter was completely not interested in VCU. Accepted to SAIC, but did not want to be so far away from home. Did not complete the RISD app, I think she was afraid I would make her go if she got in to RISD. Yale is somewhat irrevelant at the undergrad level. She decided NYC was really the only place she wanted to be. She would have settled for Boston and MASSART if the Silas Rhodes Scholarship had not come through for her. Luckily, that was not necessary. Since she goes to a small high school (about 90 seniors) and such a large number of the grads go to school in NYC, it was really the only choice for her. Cooper-Union never appealed to her and Parsons has less than 50 fine arts undergrads compared to 300+ at SVA. Pratt is in Brooklyn and not Manhattan. So that left SVA!!! LOL, she also liked the close to 50/50 gender split at SVA.
  • taxguytaxguy Registered User Posts: 6,629 Senior Member
    I certainly understand her choice. I just posted the top 10 graduate schools for sculpture should she wish to pursue graduate level in that area. By the way, we looked at VCU for graphics and didn't like the school or the area that the school was in.
  • modiammodiam Registered User Posts: 63 Junior Member
    anyone else planning to attend sva for fall 2005?
2»
This discussion has been closed.