Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Pre-college summer art programs

124»

Replies to: Pre-college summer art programs

• bears and dogsbears and dogs - Posts: 3,076 Senior Member
    is that 22k bit? can you fill the gap?
    what's your major?
    do tell do tell!!
    SAIC BA/ VCS is actually "the other" Cooper so I hear, could be better Cooper if you are that kind of kid. I am assuming your 1st bet would be Cooper for RISD won't able to help most kids. either way, you will be in good hands
    congrats, and thanks for positive note with tails and balls that I love.
  • Barnesy2011Barnesy2011 Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    Yep, thats the one! Although the 88k is distributed a little differently than I had originally thought it would be- 22k the 1st year, 20k for your 2nd and 3rd years, and 26k your last year. And I might be able to. It all depends at this point!

I plan to pursue a BA with a sculpture studio concentration. (If it is offered at the school I choose). Ideally, I would like a dual degree with a BA and a BFA, but who has the money for a fifth year at a 55k-a-year institution? not this girl.

Thanks so much for the congrats. I never thought I would be in the position that I am in right now. Can I message you a question? I dont want to get too far off topic here c:
  • bears and dogsbears and dogs - Posts: 3,076 Senior Member
    It was rumored that if you do Brown/RISD AB/BFA you get Brown money treatment for five years, not stingy RISD way. too late for that, suppose?

Ask away!! anything, but if you don't want to go off topic (...little else I ever do) come to
    "After the launch" A.K.A old-timers' thread and post in public.
    It helps shy lurkers if someone ask questions that might concern them as well.
    There are Cooper moms;one even gotten 22K SAIC for D but chose Cooper, RISD mom MIA (where are you mama bear Drae?) maybe some SAIC mom/dad in disguise.
  • Barnesy2011Barnesy2011 Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    Alas, It is too late for me :(

And getting into Brown would have been a whole different challenge... perhaps if I had had the self-confidence back when they were still accepting applications. Ah well, we musnt dwell on something that cant be helped. The UMich Dual Degree program was about as close as I could get, and I am still deciding if that would be right for me, considering my other options.

Thanks for the advice! You really seem like the person to talk to when it comes to stuff like this. I appreciate it.
  • yvettecyvettec Registered User Posts: 194 Junior Member
    Does anybody know of any good communication design/design in general programs on the East coast? I want something that is only like 1-3 weeks though.
  • redbug119redbug119 Registered User Posts: 880 Member
    Don't know if they have the program you want, but check into New Hampshire Institute of the Arts. My D went there for a 2 week program and it was reasonably priced.
  • ArchgalArchgal Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Does anyone know the pros and cons of SOCAPA, Parsons and NYU Tish for a summer pre-college program in photography? My C specifically wants to continue to work with B&W film. Many programs seem to be geared to introducing high school students to B&W film. But my daughter has been in the dark room for two years and jokes that developer runs in her veins.I'd like to find a focused and challenging program for her. As you can tell she would like to be in NYC but if you have any other leads we are open.
  • zelly28zelly28 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    @DocRobert how was the rising stars program when you attended and did it help prepare your portfolio for senior year? What classes did you take and did you find them interesting and worthwhile?
124»
This discussion has been closed.