Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

scholarships for high school visual artists

rosuroserosurose Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
edited September 2010 in Visual Arts and Film Majors
are there scholarships to go towards pre college programs??? or just for college? (other than spotlight and scholastic).... i live in los angeles and are there any local ones also???
Post edited by rosurose on

Replies to: scholarships for high school visual artists

• TrinSFTrinSF Registered User Posts: 1,482 Senior Member
    Have you looked at CSSSA/ Innerspark? It's the cheapest thing you can do if you're a Californian, because below a certain income level, it's free except for the supply fee, I think. It's also held locally to you, at CalArts. It's not as rigorous as some programs.

There's also a summer program at Otis, I seem to remember they had some scholarships, too.

Other than that, yes, there are. Usually you have to provide a merit porfolio and recommendation and they award financial aid based on that. There are also a couple of programs that are completely paid if you get in -- others will know more about those.
  • FindmepeteFindmepete Registered User Posts: 345 Member
    MICA - in Maryland can be very helpful even for summer abroad.
  • bears and dogsbears and dogs - Posts: 3,076 Senior Member
    foundyoupete!!
    I was wondering loud what happened to you.
    how you been?
    I hear cooper now becoming some sort of tuscany reunion.
    is your kid doing it, or contented as is?
  • rosuroserosurose Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    are there any art scholarships that does not require a social? am now a senior. thanks~
  • redbug119redbug119 Registered User Posts: 880 Member
    Not sure what you mean by "social", but D went to pre-college in New Hampshire, got a $500 scholarship based on teacher recommendations and grades. After completion, was awarded more merit aid to go to school, but ultimately decided on someplace else. She liked the program tho.
This discussion has been closed.