Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Test your Cooper IQ!

12346»

Replies to: Test your Cooper IQ!

• redbug119redbug119 Registered User Posts: 880 Member
    I'm sure TSA would throw out the gel packs. As you stand in the airport in Orlando, all you hear is that "TSA prevents the carriage of liquids or gels aboard the aircraft." These are people who took away my blueberry jelly in Portland, sealed in the container from Stonewall Kitchens. I don't think your gel packs would stand a chance.
  • bears and dogsbears and dogs - Posts: 3,076 Senior Member
    OK how about the cake itself?
    it comes in giant slice 6inch radius 75 degree-sh 5 inch tallish in clear plastic container.
    doused in cream cheese frosting already exceed whatever oz liquid mass if his face-washing cream was consider "liquid" and taken away at Grandrapids Michigan (but passed LaGuardia going out with ease)

cakeman raven red velvet - Google Search
  • greenwitchgreenwitch Registered User Posts: 7,941 Senior Member
    Such an obvious piece of CAKE in a clear container should pass easily, unless the TSA agents are hungry and have a sweet tooth!

I couldn't bring my gelato today for other reasons, but I got through security with a half full water bottle that I had forgotten about.

Maybe..... you could buy a couple of those "crack and freeze" ice packs you can get at the drugstore. They should pass through security OK (especially if you limp and claim they're for your ankle) and then you can crack them once you're through and they'll get cold enough to keep that cream cheese frosting from melting. ????
    new slippery presentation paper quality printout this year. Did cooper hock up with Epson or something?

PART 2:REGULAR/TRANSFER HOME TEST (what a dork, they put space between "home" and "test" here... very Cooper. part 1 is education summary, by the way)

ART/DESIGN WORK
    INSTRUCTIONS
    At least two of the solutions must be drawing. You may work in black and white or color.
    All work must be completed and submitted in the original medium in which it was produced for the application to be considered. The original work must be submitted for the following six problems.
    Your name, the date, and the number of the problem MUST (bold font) be printed on the back of each submitted work.
    SIZE:
    All work must fit into the envelope 12" x 16"when sealed.
    (bears' note, not ANY envelope, got to be their given to you envelope with your name and barcode on it. lucky you, don't have to write return address, they made stickers for you.)

DRAW OR PRESENT:
    1. Three distinct pieces of furniture. Create a new piece of furniture from a combination of these drawings.
    2. An averted self-portrait with emphasis on the ear.
    3. A view up a steep incline.
    4. A sequence or series images that depicts observed changes in water over an extended period of time.
    5. Doppelganger
    6. A design for a new monetary system that reflects global, national and/or indigenous use.

MEDIA:
    should NOT (bold font) contain the following:
    Slow drying, sharp, or breakable materials such as glass. No dead, organic, degradable matter or liquids. Any portfolio containing such materials will be disqualified.
    Work may be done on substantial paper, mat board, canvas or any other appropriate flat surface.
    All charcoal and pastel works MUST (bold font) be spray-fixed.

Answers to the hometest questions must be submitted in original form unless 3D work and installation where the size and scale of the work does not allow for inclusion in your application.
    When possible digital work created for the hometest questions should be submitted in original form and as prints. All work for Support Material and Portfolio may be submitted digitally on a flash drive. ( see specifications under Part 3: portfolio & support Material)

REMINDER: (here on bold font)
    Please follow all instructions carefully: All art/design work must be completed and submitted for the application to be evaluated. Print your name on all materials and pack your envelope with the understanding that it will be opened and reviewed several times during the admissions process.
    Part 3: PORTFOLIO &SUPPORT MATERIAL
    PLEASE SUBMIT:
    1. A sketchbook of original work which shows your ideas, observations, and imagination.
    All sketchbooks mist include your name and address.
    2. At least five(5) examples of your original art and/or design work. These examples may be drawing, painting, graphic design, printmaking, sculpture, photography, or ant other work. Include in these examples work done from observation. The work must fit in the 12" x !6" envelope provided and should be reasonably flat.(bold font) Print your name in the back on all work.
    3. (Optional) Other examples from your existing portfolio that exceed the size limitation, or are three dimensional, can be represented in photographs, slides or original. Submit a maximum of twenty (20) slides or photographs. All slides must be presented in one 8.5" x 11" transparent viewing sheet.
    Please print your name, the date, and the dimensions of the work on the front of the slide mount, and/or the back of the photograph.
    4. All digital files, this includes video files, images files, audio files, etc. must be submitted on USB flash drive and tested to work on the Macintosh OS X operation system. DVDs mustered to play on NTSC region1 DVD players. Video files burned to a DVD data disc will not be accepted. Image files created as jpeg images should be no larger than 1000 pixels in either dimension.
    You must name and label your physical flash drive. Flash Drives must be labeled with your first and last name.
    Your_Name
    files included with your portfolio must be labeled with your first and last name and the word "portfolio" Multiple portfolios must be numbered.
    Your_Name_portfolio_1.jpg
    Your_Name_portfolio_2.jpg

IMPORTANT:
    If your portfolio is to be returned, please enclose A CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ONLY(bold font) for return postage. Portfolio of applicants not admitted will be retained by Cooper Union only until June 30, 2011.
    Part4: Questionnaire
    two more questions are added, total 12 from last year's 10

1. List all visual study courses you have completed or are presently taking in pre-college, after school, or summer programs.
    Do not include the high school courses listed on your high school transcript.
    2. Describe any work experiences which you feel relates to your artistic goals.
    3. What are your goals after graduation from the Cooper Union?
    4. Describe an experience that changed your opinion and altered your point of view.
    5. How do you foresee the education provided at the Cooper Union affecting your future?
    6. Where do you NOT want to be in fifteen years and what do you not want to be doing?
    7. What books, works of art, and/or persons have inspired your interest in the study of art and why?
    8. Explain any trivialities in which you engage.
    9. Describe the time you spend thinking about, looking at and producing visual images and why.
    10. Describe an event or idea that has been very influential in your life.
    11. Considering the obvious limitations of this questionnaire as a one-way interview, provide us with an answer to an important question we have not asked?
    12. If you are applying as a certificate or transfer student, state the circumstances for your decision.
  • greenwitchgreenwitch Registered User Posts: 7,941 Senior Member
    I like question 11!

Bears, how long do they give you to complete the hometest?
    ^supposedly about 3weeks.
    This year we were away and either packet gotten lost or never sent on time.
    I waited, then first week of Feb went to the office and got one for him.
    last year it was postmarked Jan 27th. the confirmation letter they sent after initial app is done states;
    end of Jan
    if not received by Feb 11th, contact admission
    thou like the case of Moomin, it takes way longer to get far away. You have to have US mailing address, then that person have to re-send to over seas.
    Also I noted this year, due date was "have to be in by"
    last year RD was postmarked by midnight of the due date, if I remember correctly.
    I did noted few more rules that gotten stingy-er, both in application and for students. There might be some bumping of no-nonsense-ness for real, I used to hear from student teacher he met at CE classes
    "it is hard to fail, like, you don't show up anymore for one..."
12346»
This discussion has been closed.