Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Inquisition... I mean interview

strizessedstrizessed Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
edited January 2011 in Wake Forest University
So I had an interview on campus at Wake Forest and I don't think I did spectacularly well. And by spectacularly well I mean leaning towards the bad side. Most of the questions were easy enough-normal questions about my classes and extracurriculars-but then my interrogator through some curve balls at me.

Interviewer- "What book truly embodies you and why?"
Me: "lolwut"

haha I am just kidding I didn't actually say that but I think I got off on a tangent and didn't really answer the question. We kind of laughed it off when I said I got a little off topic there but I can't help but think that this hurt me (to give you an idea I mentioned a book about European colonization). In retrospect, it was a bit awkward and she looked at me pretty funny. I also found myself pausing more often than normal as I was pretty nervous. So I guess what I am getting at is is how much can a bad interview hurt? The rest of my application is pretty solid, especially my supplements, but I know that Wake Forest puts a large emphasis on the interview. Any thoughts?
Post edited by strizessed on

Replies to: Inquisition... I mean interview

• lalax123lalax123 Registered User Posts: 72 Junior Member
    if everything else you have, like gpa, essays, recs, and possible scores are good (or great) you will be fine. however, if you're not in their range to begin with, a bad interview could hurt you :( i'm sure they understand everyone gets nervous though! good luck to you
  • wfva1013wfva1013 Registered User Posts: 60 Junior Member
    Sorry to hear that, Strizessed. I think it helps if you are on the "edge" in terms of your stats, recs, etc., but if otherwise you are solid it shouldn't hurt you. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.