Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Minorities acceptance at Wake Forest?

rainydayzzzzrainydayzzzz Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
Since Wake Forest is a predominantly white upper middle class school, will asians have a leeway in admissions b/c of the lack of diversity? TO word it simpler, is it easier for asians to get into WFU b/c there aren't many who attend?

Replies to: Minorities acceptance at Wake Forest?

• cbrandcbrand Registered User Posts: 248 Junior Member
    Hummm.... can't really answer that. I know that Wake is saying that 29% of the incoming Freshman Class identify as people of color so admissions is clearly working to diversify the campus. Looking at members of the Wake Forest University Class of 2018 FB page, I see that Asians are well represented in the incoming class, though, let's be honest.... this still isn't Berkeley.

• rainydayzzzzrainydayzzzz Registered User Posts: 71 Junior Member
    the campus profile of class of 2017, states that there is only 5-6% asian. most of the minorities are african american, so asians barley make up the minority group. But thank you for your response anyways. I am just curious.
  • hobo65hobo65 Registered User Posts: 109 Junior Member
    edited August 2014
    rainydayzzzz u planning to apply ED?
This discussion has been closed.