Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

visiting Wake

BigPapiofthreeBigPapiofthree Registered User Posts: 610 Member
We will be visiting Wake soon. Any recs for things to do in Winston/Salem? restaurant suggestions? night life suggestions? S will be staying with friend in dorm, and I will be looking for something to do. any help is appreciated

Replies to: visiting Wake

• CKDeacCKDeac Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    Been a while since I really lived there, but check out W-S "the dash"'s website, it's pretty well done, http://www.visitwinstonsalem.com/. What I found when living there is that people often stuck right next to campus where there are a few good places, but to get a better feel of town, it's not really a good barometer, so go downtown to either 4th street and/or trade street. Walk around, see what you like, eat and end your evening at Camino's which is a fantastic coffee/wine bar on 4th. Enjoy your visit!
  • CKDeacCKDeac Registered User Posts: 41 Junior Member
    Also, Smitty's notes is a great local media guide that does great reviews of everything Winston-Salem and its wider area. http://www.smittysnotes.com/BestofWinstonSalem2015.aspx
  • BigPapiofthreeBigPapiofthree Registered User Posts: 610 Member
    Thank you CKDeac. any other folks care to suggest?
  • HandLMumHandLMum Registered User Posts: 28 Junior Member
    We like the Old Fourth Street Filling Station for dinner (downtown on - you guessed it - 4th Street). Also check out the Reynolda Village area right next to campus - several restaurants there including the Village Tavern. And this isn't nightlife, but Old Salem is worth a wander, especially to get Moravian gingersnaps from the bakery!
This discussion has been closed.