Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Wake Forest University Acceptance letter

buster48buster48 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
Has anyone received there admission letter from Wake Forest University yet?

Replies to: Wake Forest University Acceptance letter

• WFUparentWFUparent Registered User Posts: 106 Junior Member
    @buster48, yes some early decision applicants have received acceptance letters (the lucky black envelope). Regular decisions applicants will receive their letter around April 1.
  • Narouz17Narouz17 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I can figure out if I got in if it's a black 8x11 envelope?
    @Narouz17, that is correct. Acceptances come in 8 x 11 black envelopes.
  • buster48buster48 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    @WFUparent , I submitted November 1st and haven't heard anything back. Window to Wake says Application Complete does that mean that the admissions office has reached a decision?
    @buster48, No; Window to Wake showing that your application is complete indicates that all items needed for Wake admissions to review your application has been received (not that a decision has been reached on your application). You will receive by mail (US Postal service) Wake's decision. Remember ED 1 is rolling. Thus, they could hold their decision up to January or February (ED 2 decision is due in February). I wish I could be more helpful. Hang in there. I know this can be a nerve racking time. I went through this with my daughter. Good luck and I hope you get a black envelope.
  • jvroom21jvroom21 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    I applied ED to wake on 11/11. Will they try to send out the decision before Xmas break or will I most likely find out in January?
    @jvroom21, I believe you are part of ED 1 and Wake's ED 1 uses a rolling admissions. Thus, since Wake has not set a decision time for ED 1, no one can tell you when you will hear from Wake. My guess, and it is only a guess, you will hear before January 1(ED 2 deadline) or February 15 (stated ED 2 decision date). I wish I could be more helpful. Good luck and I hope you get a black envelope.
  • buster48buster48 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    @WFUparent Just wanted to ask. Does the admissions review take longer if no ACT score were submitted?
    @buster48, no. The ACT or SAT scores are just one of the many items that the admissions office looks at during the process. Good luck and I hope you get a black envelope.
  • Barbie4Barbie4 Registered User Posts: 51 Junior Member
    @buster48 there is no difference in timing if you choose not to submit your test scores
This discussion has been closed.