Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Football Student Murdered on Campus

HogeDotyHogeDoty Registered User Posts: 25 Junior Member
Could someone please shed light on this situation that happened at a party on campus?
As a prospective parent, I want to know the details and results of any investigation.
Thank you.

Replies to: Football Student Murdered on Campus

• marrastmarrast Registered User Posts: 37 Junior Member
    edited March 1
    There's a CC thread on the shooting that was started on January 20th and later locked after going off the rails. You can find everything (and more) there.

The Winton-Salem Journal has also had fairly extensive coverage that will bring you up to date on the investigation.
  • CarriesBakersCarriesBakers Registered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
    No, we are not doing this again. We learned already that this conversation becomes dripping with racist undertones. Go read the thread, or google it on Wake's website. or call and ask the school.
  • Dean WormerDean Wormer Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    Sorry, but as a parent of a student who is interested in Wake ... I would prefer to hear from an unedited CC thread than from the school.

Do you think the school is going to be completely candid in such a case?

• CarriesBakersCarriesBakers Registered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
    Just read the thread then. As a current student I can tell you that nothing has changed on campus or about the trial since the thread had been locked.

Better yet, the local news (Winston-Salem Journal) will help you even more.
This discussion has been closed.