Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

CollegeConfidential on FaceBook

saketmsaketm Registered User Posts: 401 Member
edited July 2006 in Wake Forest University
Will and I have started a CollegeConfidential group on facebook. Since we don't really know everyone's names here, we cant invite ppl.

EVERYONE JOIN.
Post edited by saketm on

Replies to: CollegeConfidential on FaceBook

• mbourgtennismbourgtennis Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
    i will as soon as i can get on e-mail :-(
  • emsibdnemsibdn Registered User Posts: 814 Member
    I would join, but I'm trying to keep the number of groups I'm in as low as possible.
  • kyletxkyletx Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    I'm with mbourg. I still can't get on my e-mail or WIN, but I've contacted the IS/IT department (I forget which they're called) about it.
  • scarletleavyscarletleavy Registered User Posts: 2,374 Senior Member
    I already joined. :)
    hey kyle...wat did IT say when you called about it?
    Well, I e-mailed them about it, and I got a generic response back giving me a link to the instructions for logging into WIN and e-mail. It's stuff that I already knew, so I think I'm going to actually call this time and get someone on the phone. I don't mind not having e-mail, since technically we don't get those until orientation, but my WIN/DEAC still doesn't work for me, even though they say it should.
    yea man, win doesnt work for me either...im itching to know my dorm...lemme know what they say
    i just sent an email to them as well, and told them that the generic instructions aren't working for us, so we'll see what they say
    well kyle, i got my response, and to say the least, its not what I wanted to hear:

Thank you for contacting the Help Desk.
    WIN/DEAC accounts will be available July 16. Information about your login
    name and password will be posted at https://win.wfu.edu/start.html.
    Your Wake Forest e-mail address will be provided and activated during
    Freshman ThinkPad Distribution on August 18.
    For additional computing information, check out http://techtalk.wfu.edu/ and
    http://help.wfu.edu/.

as to why some emails and WIN's are working and others are not, who the hell knows. it sure is frustrating though
  • emsibdnemsibdn Registered User Posts: 814 Member
    You all can probably call Residence Life & Housing at 336-758-5185 and they'll probably tell you what dorm you're if you don't have WIN.
    true...i just may do that...hopefully they dont give me the same sort of response as i got from the IS people, adn say "you will get teh package in a week or two" yadda yadda yadda...thanks for the ph. # emsibdn
    Dissappointing, definately. I never actually called them, because I'm out of town, so I should thank you for your response mbourg.
    Hey you guys, are you sure you are using the correct log-in/email address. At first mine wasn't working with the generic instructions, but Wake has an online directory of students so I went and searched for myself. Instead of following the generic instructions a few of us have different numbers. My email address should have been macpjr6 but instead it's macpjr5. Yours might be that way too. Maybe try that.
    it is...you're the bomb...very weird, but it worked...thanks a million

wouldnt let me on win though, said it couldnt authenticate or something, ill keep trying though...thanks scarletleavy
    You are very welcome. :)

Try these password combos

-the email one (last 4 digits from email address + 4 digits Month and Birthday
    - SSN#1 ( 1st 4 digits of your last name + 1st 4 digits of your SSN)
    - SSN#2 (1st 4 digits of your last name + last 4 digits of your SSN)

It seems some of these work for some people and others for others. The last one worked for me.
This discussion has been closed.