Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

No 'self service' in myWSU: can't check app status

TreeLightsTreeLights Registered User Posts: 120 Junior Member
I think something went wrong, and my portal is the staff version. Mainly because it says 'EMPLOYEE' in the address bar.
I don't know what to do. I can't check my application status, or even get to a 'student service' button.
I created my account by clicking on a link in an email they sent me. I don't know how I could have screwed this up.
Does anyone know if it's a bug? I'm pretty annoyed tbh. I don't want to go through the trouble of calling them. If anyone knows how to fix this, I would be super greatful.

Replies to: No 'self service' in myWSU: can't check app status

• violaineviolaine Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
    Mine has "employee" in the url too, but at the end says "w_student." The interface is pretty terrible. If you have a section called "Student Center" click on it, then scroll down to the Admissions section. It should list your application status.
  • TreeLightsTreeLights Registered User Posts: 120 Junior Member
    @violaine Mine says employee, then EMPL. There's no student center section. The main menu looks like this (I'm using (F) to indicate folders):
    (F)My Profile
    (F)WSU
    (F)My Content
    (F)General Links
    (F)MyWSU Training
    (F)Worklist
    CS - My Personalizations
    My Dictionary

Unless I'm missing something totally obvious, I think I'm actually in there wrong.
    Yeah it looks like you are missing three folders (after My Content and before General Links): Student, HR/Payroll/Benefits, and Self-Service. Guess you'll have to call them, unfortunately. What a hassle.
  • TreeLightsTreeLights Registered User Posts: 120 Junior Member
    I'll probably just wait for the letter (if they send those)
    Yep they do. Good luck! (Prob a shoo-in with your stats, actually).
  • High99High99 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2017
    Hey I am also facing the same problem. Were you able to resolve this issue? What should I do? I have already received an offer of admission but to accept that, I need to click some link under student center in self service. Please help if you can.
This discussion has been closed.