Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

How do I work towards being a wildlife ecologist?

Riley1994Riley1994 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I have been thinking about going to school again, after being 5 years out of high school. Wildlife ecology is something I am interested in. A dream of mine is to work with apes or an animal sanctuary, etc. My question is where do I even begin when I don't have the funds to do anything?

I live in the Seattle area. I noticed that WSU seems like the only place that really offers the the program I am thinking about. However, I may need other credits before I can get in and there are community colleges in this area too.

Honestly I am having trouble knowing what to even ask about right now. I have spent the last 5 years messing around with partying and drugs and alcohol. Now I am almost 2 years clean and in recovery. I just have no idea what to do first and it seems so hard and complicated knowing what to do. Any guidance where to post this would be greatly appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.