Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Honorary Scholars

sirmomosirmomo Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
I want to apply for the arts and sciences honorary scholars scholarship.
I have interesting ideas for future research, but i haven't done much in high school except for a science fair project on eating disorders. the app essay says i can write about future research i plan on undertaking instead of past research but i have nothing to put on the "research activities" line on the app.
i have a 2390 sat score, 4.0 unweighted gpa, and i've taken the most rigorous courseload at school.
do you think i still have a chance, even though i haven't done much past research?
Post edited by sirmomo on

Replies to: Honorary Scholars

• sirmomosirmomo Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    reply please!
  • outwestmomoutwestmom Registered User Posts: 101 Junior Member
    Yes, you absolutely have a chance. Come up with something interesting to write about, you should be fine. I think they want a passion and an ability to think and write well. Think about some class work that you wish you could have pursued further. Have a plan about what you would accomplish and try to consider any difficulties you might have doing your hypothetical research. Can you tie anything into your ECs? If I am not mistaken, I think it doesn't have to be hard science based (unless you're going for the bio one) but could also be about History/Psych/Music/Religion....I'm just throwing out ideas here. Your stats will help. I guess the unknown is how well you write. My D won one and her stats were lower. Good luck.
  • sirmomosirmomo Registered User Posts: 89 Junior Member
    Thank you so much outwestmom! your post was a lot of help =)
This discussion has been closed.