Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Wu-tan clan

wh0m3n0yuwh0m3n0yu Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
hey
i'm a Chinese-American senior at the Academies@Englewood, which is a brand new magnet program and i'm part of its first graduating class. I already applied ED I to WU but i thought it'd be interesting to see what others think my chances are. here goes

gpa = 3.814 ( F- 3.89, S- 3,69, J- 3.83 ) that's unweighted and with the most challenging courses. our entire curriculum is honors based and/or accelerated.

Sat I
M= 740
V= 670
W= 660
(I'm taking Sat Is again in Dec.)

Sat IIs
Math IIc = 800
Chinese = 770
Physics = 750

EC

School related
President of Student Council
Concert, Jazz, and Marching Bands, First Trombone, pianist, and Snare on Drumline
Co Founder of Future Business Leaders of America
Model UN
Ambassador in just about every single school event there has been
Co founder and Captain of the intramural ultimate frisbee team
Internship for Union Bank of Switzerland in its Risk Management/Quality assurance Department
etc

Outside of School
Music Production (hip hop. songwriter, recording artist)
Piano for 10 years. Receiver of the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music level 8 award, supposedly the highest for amateur pianists, also accompanist and soloists for concerts, ceremonies, etc
Anime Drawing hobby
Volunteer for Hospital
Counselor and Translator for a Foreign Exchange Camp
etc

I visited Wash U in the summer and i really liked it. i also had an interview with a student there, and she seemed impressed what what i can bring to the school.

I'm probably going to go for the Olin School, but i may change to med. Anyway, if you're up for it, leave some comments. It's fun to read them. lol
Post edited by wh0m3n0yu on

Replies to: Wu-tan clan

• Tennis11Tennis11 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Your chances are.......

I don't know. I'm not an on the adcom, but your scores aren't too shabby. You could use alittle work on that 2C, that score is horrible. Also the 770 in your native language?! Just kidding. I think you have a great shot Mr.YU:). We will pray for the best.
  • jtslick89jtslick89 Registered User Posts: 196 Junior Member
    just curious Decemeber SAT scores arent available until after December 15th. If you applied ED I why take SAT in December? Other schools?
This discussion has been closed.