Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Envelope-- big or small?

Replies to: Envelope-- big or small?

• amu521amu521 Registered User Posts: 111 Junior Member
    engineering
  • hfa322hfa322 Registered User Posts: 430 Member
    artsci 2010 baby!
  • ilovedogsilovedogs Registered User Posts: 366 Member
    thanks laurezer... i added you to my buddy list and i can't wait to talk to you about wash u! i bet you loved it, right? you graduated the same year as my sister, which is kind of funny b/c she got into wash u but she (stupidly... in my opinion!) chose tulane over wash u haha i wish she had gone
    i applied to arts & sciences as well... i have no idea what i want to do for sure yet. i may want to go into business, but the cool thing is you can major in economics in the college of arts & sciences, that's what my brother's ex-girlfriend who went to wash u did.

YOU GUYS I HOPE WE ALL GET IN SO THEN WE CAN ALL BE FRESHMAN OF THE CLASS OF 2010 AT WASH U TOGETHER!!
  • ash213ash213 Registered User Posts: 30 Junior Member
    I'm getting nervous already (especially reading these posts) and I applied EDII...that's one long wait, lol.
  • jtslick89jtslick89 Registered User Posts: 196 Junior Member
    i love dogs- I HOPE SO TOO!!!!
    yeah I just realized I said "...we can all be freshman of the class of 2010 at wash u together" and yes, i meant freshmen, not freshman... sorry i'm big on grammar/spelling so i can't have you guys thinking i'm retarded...
    jtslick, what part of NJ are you from?
    morris county
    What is Wash U's usual ED acceptance rate? I know it's a lot higher than RD, which is something like 20%...

I just found out that the salutorian (is that what you call the guy who is second after valedictorian?) at my school (which is a prestigious private school in nyc) last year didn't get into Wash U early... so now i'm really nervous. But the good news is that a kid who I think had grades similar to mine and was an overall nicer guy got in regular... so I think this proves that Wash U really looks at the student and not just the numbers.
  • amu521amu521 Registered User Posts: 111 Junior Member
    i don't know i think last year around 1200 people applied ED adn 314 were accepted, but i might be wrong. i'll check on it tomorrow since i work in the school college office.
    Is that ED I or both EDI and EDII
  • bs12790bs12790 Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    oh boy 2 weeks

btw i've heard that the ed acceptance rate is the same as the rd acceptance rate...i could be wrong but i'm almost positive that's what someone said at an info session
  • hfa322hfa322 Registered User Posts: 430 Member
    bs12790 wrote:
    btw i've heard that the ed acceptance rate is the same as the rd acceptance rate...i could be wrong but i'm almost positive that's what someone said at an info session

My counselor said it was just over 40%.
  • bs12790bs12790 Registered User Posts: 31 Junior Member
    wow i am very wrong then...sorry guys
This discussion has been closed.