Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

How hard are the business classes?

trojan23trojan23 Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
What is the average grade for the business classes?

And how hard are the courses here in general, compared to other schools of similar rank?
Post edited by trojan23 on

Replies to: How hard are the business classes?

• DJEurekaDJEureka Registered User Posts: 194 Junior Member
    You occasionally hear the term "b-school preschool", because the classes are perceived as easier, plus they often don't have class on Fridays. Still, it doesn't mean that b-school students don't work hard. However, the average GPA might be around a 3.4-5 as opposed to an engineering GPA.

It's hard for one to say how hard the classes are compared to other schools, bar a transfer student. They're certainly harder than summer courses I took at a "lower" school. Still, seems kinda shallow and pedantic as a means to compare two schools.
  • marcdvlmarcdvl Registered User Posts: 1,315 Senior Member
    Upper level finance classes are the only thing that's probably considered hard at the business school, and even that is considered easy versus engineering (I know a bunch of double major engineers and finance).
  • amazonamazon Registered User Posts: 926 Member
    They're not hard compared to pre-med but they're not easy. To give you an idea, my daughter had a hard time with statistics I so she tried to to take statistics II over the summer at another school. She submitted syllabi from 3 schools and the material in their statistics II classes were totally covered in wash U's statistics I. So Wash U was covering twice the material as for example Rutgers.
This discussion has been closed.