Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

chances plz

GoldfishGoldfish - Posts: 3,207 Senior Member
Sorry for making another chances thread, but please just select a letter and add a comment if you wish.
Chance of getting in:
a) 20-30%
b)30-40%
c)40-50%
d)50-60&
e) other

Asian male in WV doing RD.

SAT I: 2080 (700 M, 720 CR, 660 W): retaking in Jan
SAT II: 800 US Hist, 800 Math IIC, 720 Chem, 720 World Hist.
5's on AP US and World History
GPA: 4.77 W, 3.98 UW

Essays: Excellent I think. A couple of my teachers read it and also said it was good.
Teacher Rec: Above average
Counselor Rec: Pretty good

French Honor Society, Literary magazine, Academic team, Orchestra, Chess Team, Youth Orchestra, Science Honors, Mu Alpha Theta.
Post edited by Goldfish on

Replies to: chances plz

• armcparmcp Registered User Posts: 511 Member
    B- only hooks are the WV residency-so i gave you something a little higher than Wash U's general admission rate, some of the subjectives might put you in a higher status, but unfortunately my friend subjectives cannot be measured by A, B,C, or D quantities
  • s'vrones'vrone Registered User Posts: 951 Member
    I don't see why you wouldn't get in. I don't think Wash U is that selective that you would need a "hook."
  • GylesGyles Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    to the poster above, the acceptance rate is around 21% my friend.

I think you have a decent shot, maybe c or d. You SAT is a bit low, but your GPA, SAT 2's, and AP scores are very high. Show a lot of interest, that's what got me in. Get an interview.
This discussion has been closed.