Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

SAT scores for ED2

dvie121dvie121 Registered User Posts: 30 New Member
I'm applying ed2 to wash u, but I just sent my SAT scores today. Will it get there before the Jan 15th decision?
Post edited by dvie121 on

Replies to: SAT scores for ED2

• amptron2xamptron2x Registered User Posts: 1,058 Senior Member
    Ouch. Hate to say it, but if you sent them the regular way, probably not. The College Board says it takes about 3 weeks to transmit the scores. You can, however, have the College Board rush the scores, but it will cost you a bunch more money. Here's what they say on the website:

Rush reporting is available for an additional $26. Rush scores are sent two business days after your request is received.

If you want Wash U to get your scores for ED2, you'd better do the rush reporting. You can do it on-line at the College Board site.
  • dvie121dvie121 Registered User Posts: 30 New Member
    Crap. Well, I already sent my scores. Would I have to spend 26 bucks to send it again? Maybe Wash U will see my scores on the common app and hopefully have faith in my honesty?
  • amu521amu521 Registered User Posts: 111 Junior Member
    well when I applied EDI i emailed my processor that I had sent my scores and talked to my counselor who told me it rarely takes the full three to five weeks. also my processor told me that if she got concerned about the date she would email and let me know to rush them since i had already contacted her letting her know they were sent.
    True enough. You could call WashU admissions and explain the circumstances and see what they say.
    Good luck, by the way.
    testing testing
  • dvie121dvie121 Registered User Posts: 30 New Member
    Thanks. I'll definitely call Wash U and see what they say. I guess the worst thing that could happen is that they'll defer me to RD.
This discussion has been closed.