Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

statement of Ed

eatcookieseatcookies Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
found it..........
Post edited by eatcookies on

Replies to: statement of Ed

• eatcookieseatcookies Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    but will i get in toruble if my guidance councelor turns it in late, as in after january 1st? (mails it the 2nd so it gets there the 4th?)
  • leslielouleslielou Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    We faxed our letter and they accepted it.
  • NUgraduateNUgraduate Registered User Posts: 255 Junior Member
    We had mailed the letter a week prior to ED 1 and it hadn't been received (per the website) so I called the admissions contact, and she requested that we fax it. We did (one day prior to the deadline.) She said that as long as the ED Intent letter was postmarked prior to the deadline it would have been okay -- but I saw no reason to risk it. As it turns out, my daughter was accepted ED 1, and I'm sure it didn't hurt that they knew how important it was that we called to confirm receipt, and sent another intention letter to make sure we followed all directions. I suggest that you phone your admissions contact, explain the issue, and ask for their fax number and show that you are aware of the deadline, and want to do what you can to increase your chances. You might want to think up a good (legitimate) reason as to why you didn't take care of it sooner....
  • eatcookieseatcookies Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    im going to fax it in today and have it mailed so it gets there the 4th at the latest. i just had a lot of trouble ocntacting my guidance councelor. she's been out of town a lot. (funerals) so should that be fine?
  • NUgraduateNUgraduate Registered User Posts: 255 Junior Member
    I think a family emergency is an "okay" excuse... but, you had the alternative of asking another guidance counselor to sign the form (which is what we did, because second-time trying to get it signed, our original guidance counselor was unavailable...)
This discussion has been closed.