Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

off the waitlist and in the door

FordGTFordGT Registered User Posts: 436 Member
so i was waitlisted, and i was wondering what i could do to improve my chances to get off the list. Would updating my status and sending a letter of rec and a letter of maintaining interest help (am I still able to do so)?
Post edited by FordGT on

Replies to: off the waitlist and in the door

• stonecold23stonecold23 Registered User Posts: 1,595 Senior Member
    i think the most important thing is to make them know its ur #1 choice (im in the same position) and write a letter/send in a grade report. other things play very little role, such as rec letters etc, and only a significant award or somthing would help.
  • FordGTFordGT Registered User Posts: 436 Member
    anybody else?
  • kenneth2005kenneth2005 Registered User Posts: 620 Member
    i send an email every week

update them on your new information
  • HImomHImom Registered User Posts: 32,924 Senior Member
    You can ask your GC if they have suggestions--sometimes they have a personal relationship with the school you're interested in and/or may have experience at helping others get in. Definitely let the school know you're still VERY interested & keep them posted (without being a pest) about achievements since your ap.
    A lot depends on how many students accept their offers by 5/1, so they know how many students they will have vs. how many they need & projected. Still, showing interest is good (as long as you're not a pest).
This discussion has been closed.