Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is it worth the money?

fandangoexfandangoex Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Well, right now I have a bit of a dilemma.

The thing is, I could go to Rutgers Honors for free. I get 40,000 over four years at WUSTL. And nothing at Cornell, and these are the schools I have to choose from (basically). Now, my Woe is I pretty much would like WUSTL, but I don't know if it is worth that $100,000+ in costs in going there over Rutgers.

Thoughts?
Post edited by fandangoex on

Replies to: Is it worth the money?

• johnnydr87johnnydr87 Registered User Posts: 627 Member
    ouch. That's a tough, tough dilemma. I'd personally have to go with Rutgers if I were in your situation....Graduating without debt vs. graduating with 100,000 debt will give your more opportunities to do what you want in the immediate years after graduation.

Then again, only you truly know your financial status and ability...so you might be able to sacrifice a little for an overall better school.
  • fsb321fsb321 Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    give the financial aid office a ring, and tell them about your decision/dilemma. Otherwise I'd pick the cheapest one of the other two.... my experience is that not paying for tuition makes one happier
  • supermtt37supermtt37 Registered User Posts: 419 Member
    Hey..

Isn't it a bit late to be thinking about this stuff? Anyway, I'm a freshman in the rutgers honors program who was in your position last year... pay full tuition at Hopkins/northwestern/uva or come to Rutgers for free. Anyway, I think that I made the right decision... going to med school and coming out with a ton of debt would definitely not have been fun.

If you have any specific questions on Rutgers or anything else, ask away.
This discussion has been closed.