Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

WashU Dorms

Jwa8129Jwa8129 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
Hello! I'm an incoming student to Washington University and I have a quick question about the housing application. Do students usually get into their first/second choice dorms? I ranked the three modern options first, and then the traditionals. Is there a high possibility of me being placed in a traditional anyway due to a lack of space, or too many people requesting moderns? Thank you.

Replies to: WashU Dorms

• nineteeth123nineteeth123 Registered User Posts: 93 Junior Member
    Most students get their first choice (I heard it was something like 80% of students i think). Its based on a lottery system so it depends on your number. If you request a roommate it depends on his/her number or your number depending on who has the better number.
    I got my second choice in housing freshman year, but everyone else I talked to the entire school year got their first choice. I'd say don't worry about being placed in a traditional, I'd be very surprised if you didnt get a modern since you're top 3 choices were modern. Also, I lived in a traditional dorm and it was not that bad.