right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Many schools have delayed their deadlines for enrollment due to COVID-19. Check out our exclusive directory of extended deadlines we know about right now.
STUDENT GUEST OF THE WEEK: Ethan is a burgeoning tech enthusiast who got accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Duke, Brown. This week he's answering your questions on how to best craft your application and narrow down your college search/decision process. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Learn from Amy Nelson from International Scholarship and Tuition Services and Denise Trusty from Morehead State how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes. Join us tomorrow at 5pm ET. Register and ask your question NOW.

Chance me for WashU ED c/o 2024 ?

promethium61promethium61 10 replies3 threads New Member
I know these posts are annoying, but this school is my dream school and I am hoping to get some feedback as to what I should expect.
----
GPA: 4.0 unweighted, I take the most rigorous courses my schedule will allow.. All my classes are honors/AP
ACT: 33 (34 superscore)
High School: Very Competitive Residential Public School
AP's: AP Euro (5), AP Chem (idk.. prolly a 4), AP Lang (prolly a 4).
Senior Course Load (we are on a trimester system so it's kinda weird): Organic and Biochem, DiffCal-Integral-DiffEq, Spanish-Survey of Art- PE, AP Lit, AP Physics 1/2, Govt-Econ-American Minorities, Classical Genetics- Biosystems- Inorganic Chemistry, AP Art
My major is Chemistry btw..Also I switched high schools for Junior Year bc i got accepted into this rlly selective school.
Subjective:
Extracurriculars (they are fine): Nursing Home Volunteer Club (Founder and President, 11 and 12), Chemistry PeerTutoring Program (Founder, 12), LitMag (Head Editor (12), 9-12), Art (Teacher Assistant (12), 9-12), Debate (9 and 10), Chemistry Club (10),
Summer Activities: CRISPR Research (11), Job (10 and 11), Hospital Volunteering (10 and 11)

Awards (they aren't great): 2nd Place in local Chem Olympiad(11), Student Judiciary Acceptance(11), Most published Sophomore in LitMag (10), 2nd Place in State-wide Varsity Debate Tournament (10), Silver on National Latin Exam (10) and Bronze on National Spanish Exam (11)
Essays: I'm a good writer, and I have some very good ideas .. probably going to write about masculinity and discovering myself and my individuality.
Hooks: None (I'm from alabama??? lol )

*Demonstrated Interest: Visiting and Interviewing this July for Pre-Med Day. Emailed Admissions Office, Early Decision.

sorry that was long but If you guys want me to clarify or if you have any feedback I would extremely appreciate it. Thank you so much :D!
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance me for WashU ED c/o 2024 ?

• HamurtleHamurtle 2740 replies36 threads Senior Member
    Geographic diversity (Alabama) plus the demonstrated interest (ED/visits/interview) will definitely help.

It’s obviously hard to predict outcomes for a school with a roughly 16% acceptance rate, but back in the day close to 40 percent of ED students were accepted. Chances seem good.

34 on ACT is within range.
    · Reply · Share