right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Chance me WUSTL ED 2

david1292david1292 12 replies8 threads Junior Member
Applying Early Decision 2

Objective:
SAT: 1230- ERW 570, M 660
GPA: 3.81 UW (school doesn’t weight gpa)
AP: Biology (4), statistics, US History, Chemistry. Lots of Dual Enrollment
Senior Year Course Load: Precalculus (Dual Enrollment), Interpersonal Relationships, Spanish 4 (Dual Enrollment), Ethnic Literature, Personal Financial Responsibility, AP Chem, Anatomy and Physiology, English 12 (Dual Enrollment), Phycology, Sociology.
Major Awards: AB Honor Roll (9-11th), Honor roll with distinction (11th).

Subjective:
Extracurriculars: National Honors Society (11th-present),
Spanish Quiz Bowl (9-12th),
Ecology Club (12th),
Human Science Club (Founder/President)(11th-present).
Job/Work Experience: Walmart Associate (11th-present) 18-20 hrs/week.
Summer activities: Summer school online courses, Work

State: Indiana
Intended Major: Biology
School Type: Public
Ethnicity: Hispanic
Income bracket: $68,000
Hooks: URM, First-Generation College Student
4 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Chance me WUSTL ED 2

• HamurtleHamurtle 2608 replies33 threads Senior Member
    I would suggest taking 1 more SAT. Although URM have been accepted with that particular SAT score.

The ACT might be more conducive to your testing style so try that as well.
    · Reply · Share
    Would it be possible for you to take a Calculus class? Since the Introductory Calculus sequence at WashU is going to be painful.

WashU doesn’t explicitly state that students need to be currently taking a Calculus class to apply, but it’s helpful to have that class under your belt so to speak.
    · Reply · Share
  • david1292david1292 12 replies8 threads Junior Member
    @Hamurtle I tried very hard to take Calc but my counselor failed to tell me to double up in Geometry and Algebra 2 sophomore year in order to get to Calc AB senior year. I didn’t know that was an option. I tried other things like a summer community college precalc course but my school wouldn’t allow it. I talked with my precalc teacher and she said that the class will enough to do well in college Calc but I would have to work very hard. I got a 98% in Algebra last year and I’m at a 95% in precalc right now.
    · Reply · Share
    I did notice that according to your post history, your future plan is medical school.

The key is to get a high undergraduate GPA and WashU is known as a grade deflator. The introductory science classes (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics) are notorious for being weeder classes. Just something to keep in mind, although the environment is considered collaborative.
    · Reply · Share