right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Merit Scholarship Decisions

13»

Replies to: Merit Scholarship Decisions

• soliloquiesoliloquie 23 replies0 threads Junior Member
    edited February 18
    @spelledwithak omg wait i'm gonna pm u if ur ok w that
    edited February 18
    · Reply · Share
  • spelledwithakspelledwithak Inactive User 87 replies8 threads Junior Member
  • ashlypoonieashlypoonie 3 replies1 threads New Member
    any olin business school distinguished scholars here ?? hmu i wanna link up at scholars weekend !! so excited to meet all of you !!
    · Reply · Share
  • capcasecapcase 28 replies9 threads Junior Member
    Can people received scholarship post their data points? Sat, GPA, act, clubs...
    · Reply · Share
  • cardsin20cardsin20 12 replies0 threads New Member
    Anybody aware of past RD admittance outcomes with any meaningful merit scholarship or are most RD admittances full sticker price. Olin RD hopeful here but shutout so far on all other merit apps. Not sure my stats 4.0 / 4.4, 11 APs, NMS, 1560/800, 35, and scads of off-campus leadership (had wrong feeder shool so no BMOC high profile student council "leadership") are going to be enough to overcome my zip code and lack of demographis diversifier / adverse circumstance. Hopeful work ethic, drive, and initiative come through instead.
    · Reply · Share
  • lachhilachhi 38 replies2 threads Junior Member
    @cardsin20 Regarding RD and paying "full sticker". As an RD applicant you will receive a financial aid offer based on demonstrated need (same as ED). And you are eligible for Merit scholarships. I have seen it suggested that WashU might use those Merit scholarships as a way to improve the yield (ie convince students/parents to accept the offer of admissions), but since ED1 and ED2 are pre-committed already the university does not need to offer Merit Scholarship to ED's, and can focus the Merit scholarship instead on RD's. If true then RD's would have a better chance of getting Merit scholarships vs ED's. However, I should point out that last year my son was ED and he did receive a Merit scholarship - so it seems that WashU does not focus all of the Merit scholarships on RD. I wish you the best, I know it is trying time, but it will work out. And WashU is absolutely a great school - my son loves it.
    · Reply · Share
  • cardsin20cardsin20 12 replies0 threads New Member
    @lachhi - Really appreciate your insight. We don't qualify for any need ('ll make 3 in college next year from my family and our EFC suggests my family should devote 70% of after tax income to annual cost of college) so merit is my only chance at WUSTL. Your perpsective gives me a little more hope though - thank you!
    · Reply · Share
  • college2019123college2019123 10 replies0 threads New Member
    Does anyone think that WashU will cancel the scholars weekend due to the coronavirus? They posted an update on Friday saying that everything (for now) is proceeding as planned, but do we think this will change?
    · Reply · Share
  • midofnowheremidofnowhere 27 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Has anyone received anything physical in the mail regarding Scholars Weekend?
    · Reply · Share
  • dragon5151drawdragon5151draw 34 replies1 threads Junior Member
    It was cancelled because of corona
    · Reply · Share