Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Study abroad anyone?

2»

Replies to: Study abroad anyone?

• CressmomCressmom Registered User Posts: 549 Member
    Missmolly, I think is great to stay at a local home, there is no better way of learning the local culture. I did some research and not all the programs have those home stays, most accommodate students in college dorms and apartments, and they have to deal with transportation and meals by themselves. Sometimes isn’t easy to buy groceries when you don’t know the products and labeling is in other language.
    Granada it’s beautiful, so is Sevilla and Cordoba. He was lucky, no doubt.

Trapper: Argentina? I know right now is a tourist attraction because of the currency, but I didn’t know it was also a student’s destination. Does Wash U have study programs there?

Amazon, if you find more information about business study abroad, could you please send it to me? D is in business too (not yet, she will be in three weeks)
  • missmollymissmolly Registered User Posts: 381 Member
    Cressmom,
    https://www.olin.wustl.edu/bsba/srv/abroad.cfm
    This the website for study abroad via Olin School of Business
    Also, if you go to the Wash U website and search: Spanish Department
    you will find the study abroad programs if you hit International ---- that is on the left sidebar. S went to Sevilla and Cordoba too...I know what you mean about meals..the summer excursion was expensive, but the costs included meals. Do you have 2 children starting Wash U is a few weeks?
  • missmollymissmolly Registered User Posts: 381 Member
    Cressmom,

Wash U does not offer any programs in Argentina..
    Here's another site to explore:
    http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~overseas/ .
  • CressmomCressmom Registered User Posts: 549 Member
    One is sophomore and the "baby girl" freshman, and we will have an empty nest around here :(
    U Penn started this year with summer programs in Argentina (although is winter there) and I was wondering if Wash U would do the same since Trapper mentioned that country.
  • mishdoob1mishdoob1 Registered User Posts: 324 Member
    Australia

Any suggestions for schools in Australia - pro or con - or does it not really matter?
  • TrapperTrapper Registered User Posts: 230 Junior Member
    Brother went to Brisbane, he had a really good time but my parents weren’t happy, they feel they spent tons of money for a long vacation.
    As I told before, my friend went to Florence and he also had a great time, they got in trouble because they step on statues to take pictures and one of the boys drew a mustache with chalk over a two thousand years old statue (that’s the reason why I don’t hang up with them anymore, it’s a shame what they did) Lucky them they weren’t caught.
  • binvoliobinvolio Registered User Posts: 59 Junior Member
    Anyone been to the UK to study?
2»
This discussion has been closed.