Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.

What was your weighted GPA/SAT for school of art admittees?

taxguytaxguy Registered User Posts: 6,625 Senior Member
If you got admitted into the school of art, what was your weighted GPA and SAT or ACT? My daughter got a 1200 SAT with 3.95 weighted gpa ( unweighted around 3.4. She has a very strong portfolio. I am trying to evaluate her chances. I do know that to get into Wash U for anything other than art, her chances would be almost non existant. However, I was wondering whether a strong portfolio would make a big difference?

Thank you for any input that you can give.
Post edited by taxguy on

Replies to: What was your weighted GPA/SAT for school of art admittees?

• collegekid1988collegekid1988 Registered User Posts: 870 Member
    she could get into the art school with a 1200, so long as her portfolio is strong. A girl with those stats was admitted.
  • PoloniusMouthPoloniusMouth Registered User Posts: 254 Junior Member
    SAT grades don't matter at all. I'm not saying that because I did poorly, on the contrary, it was the strongest part of my "portfolio"
  • elizabeth229elizabeth229 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    i was 4.0 unweighted, 1550 (old SAT). i think that stuff is fairly important (along with extracurrics, recs, etc.) because a portfolio is OPTIONAL for school of art admission! i mean, they are accepting kids whose art they've never seen, so they're definitely placing emphasis on other things to make their decisions.
  • PoloniusMouthPoloniusMouth Registered User Posts: 254 Junior Member
    wow 4.0 unweighted?

i'm like a 3.2 unweighted. :P

Okay okay... I'm stupid. :D Didn't really try hard in HS
  • elizabeth229elizabeth229 Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    haha well i worked pretty hard i guess! you got into wash u too, so i know overall you must have impressive stats and lots of other wonderful stuff too!!
This discussion has been closed.