Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Hi there! You may have noticed things have changed on this site. You can learn more about that here.

Olin School of Business

himalayandreamshimalayandreams Registered User Posts: 209 Junior Member
I am from Nepal and will be applying in the fall of 2006. My old SAT scores are verbal - 760 and maths - 670. I am above average in my graduating class and have good extracariculars as well. I am doing my A levels in Maths, Pyschology, Economics (majors) and English literature & language, Sociology (minors).

I have looked at various colleges that offer Business management for undergrad and give substantial sums of need based scolarship to intl. students and shortlisted these schools

1. Gettysburg college
2. Franklin and Marshall college
3. Washington and Lee Univ.
4. Trinity Univ.
5. Georgetown
6. Bucknell
7. Wake forest
8. Washington Univ in St. Louis
9. Lehigh univ
10. Cornell
11. Elmira college

can you'll recommend any other schools?

I would love to do Cornell as my ED, but they dont have financial aid for ED. Georgetown has only Early Action, which is not very helpful because they don't tell you your financial aid till the last moment.
I think WUSTL is a good choice for my ED. Among these colleges, which would you'll recommend formy ED. Is the Olin School of Business a good choice?

Also, i would reall appreciate it if someone could give me the inside scoop on Olin. I mean the real stuff that you dont find in magazines and brochures. What is the infrastructure like? What are classes like? What are the professors and students like? What is the workload like?

Thanks. Any info would be much appreciated
Post edited by himalayandreams on

Replies to: Olin School of Business

• himalayandreamshimalayandreams Registered User Posts: 209 Junior Member
    Oh yeah, Could any one also tell me about the 3+2 program at Olin. I would like to do my undergrad in management and then do my MBA. Does anyone know the policies for intl. students. Also, how hard is it to do a 3+ program. What is the course like. Also, is ir accredited equally with a seperate 4 year undergrad degree and then a seperate MBA degree? Do they have the same weight, as in career wise, for corporations?
  • aaron56aaron56 Registered User Posts: 2,077 Senior Member
    WUStL ED for business?
    shouldn't you be aiming at colleges with a better business program for ED? with good ec's and a solid essay you might make it.
  • j0stpeachy8j0stpeachy8 Registered User Posts: 35 Junior Member
    Another undergrad business school that ranks about the same as Olin is the business school at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. Although it's a very large, public school, it's pretty well known and is high up the list as far as public schools go.
  • nepalparisnepalparis Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    Hey himalyan, which school you from? I'm also from Nepal and headed to a great college, i might be able to help you out...
  • himalayandreamshimalayandreams Registered User Posts: 209 Junior Member
    hey nepalparis,
    I'm in Rato bangala. Where are ya from? whered u graduate from and which college will ya be going? any help would be appreciated
  • nepalparisnepalparis Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
    Hmmmm, what's your name, i also graduated from RBS and headed towards Harvard...
This discussion has been closed.