Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

The time is near....

AZKMomAZKMom Registered User Posts: 362 Junior Member
edited March 2008 in Webster University MT
Well, it's about time to start the Webster acceptance watch!!! This is the one school that my son is still waiting on. If he couldn't get into Univ of Minnesota-Guthrie, Webster and UArts were his top choices. He auditioned for MT but got an Acting BFA acceptance at UArts which is more than fine with him. One of the reasons he put Webster on his list was the strong acting component to the program. At his Webster audition in Chicago, he let Lara know that he would love to considered for the acting program, as well and is hopeful. He enjoyed that audition very much. As a parent, St. Louis would be so much more manageable in regard to moving and visiting than Philadelphia. If he is accepted, it will be a hard decision. Webster is also a school that one of his MT friends here (MANY shows together over the years!) has also auditioned for. It would be so wonderful to see them continue their performing together. She has many acceptances already.

On another note..
Sue, I've read your posts over the years and knew you were from southern Wisconsin but in reading some old posts last night discovered that you are very near us. We are in Elkhorn!! Best of luck to your sons as they finish their Webster careers and move on to the next chapter!!
Post edited by AZKMom on

Replies to: The time is near....

• 5pants5pants Registered User Posts: 529 Member
    AZKMom!! How great!! One of our employees lives in Elkhorn....I know there is a lot of talent over there! One of my Ss who is currently at Webster performed in the State Jazz choir with students from your area. Must be somthing in that water. ;)

Keep us posted...also, if your son gets into Minnesota let me know. Both my guys performed and became good friends this last summer with one of the instructors in the Gutherie program...would be fun to communicate.

Please keep in touch!! I will have all my fingers and toes crossed for both your son and his friend.

best,

SUE
  • marianne406marianne406 Registered User Posts: 146 Junior Member
    Crossing mine too!

Wow, there sure are a lot of talented people from Wisconsin.
  • AZKMomAZKMom Registered User Posts: 362 Junior Member
    He actually didn't get invited to the callback weekend for Minnesota. He thought that audition went well and was pretty confident that he might be called back but he wasn't. His worst audition (in his mind anyway)at Unifieds was for Roosevelt and that one he ended up waitlisted. So he is trying to not get his hopes up about Webster, though he felt they were very receptive to him and he was happy with that audition. He has learned you can't predict or read anything into the auditions.

Best wishes to all still watching their mailboxes!!!!
  • AZKMomAZKMom Registered User Posts: 362 Junior Member
    Well, I saw the first Webster acceptance on the acceptance thread. Apparently, it came via phone call. Crossing fingers for all who are anxiously waiting!!!
  • BiGismamaBiGismama Registered User Posts: 254 Junior Member
    good luck, Good Luck, GOOD LUCK to all those waiting for Webster news! :)
This discussion has been closed.