right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
We've updated the Topics page of our website to better organize and share our expert content. Read more about it here.

Wellesley Transfer Fall 2019

1235»

Replies to: Wellesley Transfer Fall 2019

• proflawproflaw 5 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    @highchiextra Congrats on your acceptance!
    · Reply · Share
  • ARousseauARousseau 96 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    @highchiextra Congratulations! Did Wellesley include your financial aid package, or do they only send it in the mail? I can't find anything on my portal.
    · Reply · Share
  • Daydream19Daydream19 6 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    edited May 3
    @ARousseau FYI " Please note that this is an early notification of your decision. We have mailed your official acceptance packet to your home address. It includes a tentative transfer credit evaluation from the Registrar. If you submitted an application for financial aid, information regarding your award will be included in your packet."
    edited May 3
    · Reply · Share
    @Daydream19 I saw that. I just wanted to know if there was a link to see the aid now that I was missing.
    · Reply · Share
    Well, this thread is kind of dead now. I don't know if my stats will help; I'll post them if anyone is interested. I'm sorry to all who wanted to be accepted ... I wish we could all go.
    · Reply · Share
  • thanksespressothanksespresso 2 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Waitlisted. I'm so destroyed after seeing the decision.
    · Reply · Share
  • xwu999xwu999 24 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    it seems that a lot people are getting waitlisted. Does Wellesley rank their waitlist? I don't know whether I should continue keeping my hope up or not
    · Reply · Share
  • wellesley22wellesley22 23 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    I heard they do not rank their waitlist. Was waitlisted last year and didn't get in, despite sending multiple LOCI...
    · Reply · Share
  • imck18imck18 15 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Accepted
    · Reply · Share
  • wellesley22wellesley22 23 replies1 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    To those accepted, what is the respond date?
    · Reply · Share
  • highchiextrahighchiextra 5 replies3 threadsRegistered User New Member
    June 1
    · Reply · Share
  • NiginaNigina 3 replies0 threadsRegistered User New Member
    Hi. Sorry, I am late for the discussion. I got accepted to Wellesley College as a transfer student for fall 2019. So I was wondering who else got in. I would love to connect. Does anyone know if there is a facebook group or something?
    · Reply · Share
    Congratulation! I got in as well. Do you know if there is a facebook group or something for incoming transfers?
    · Reply · Share
    June 1st
    · Reply · Share
  • xwu999xwu999 24 replies0 threadsRegistered User Junior Member
    Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything?
    · Reply · Share
  • IndirectProofsIndirectProofs 585 replies9 threadsRegistered User Member
    Wellesley College is not actually need blind. I applied to the Davis Scholar program, I didn't get accepted and admissions admitted that they take financial aid into consideration. I just wish they would be honest about it. So if you are low income or don't qualify for federal financial aid but can't afford tuition, that's probably why you were rejected. They either want full pays or they want people who have a bunch of federal loans/grants.
    · Reply · Share
  • college_querycollege_query 4291 replies315 threadsRegistered User Senior Member
    I don't think that's entirely true, @IndirectProofs - although I don't understand exactly what you mean by "don't qualify for federal financial aid but can't afford tuition." They meet 100% of calculated need for all admitted students. They are need blind for U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents. And for students admitted off the waitlist, they meet 100% of calculated need as well. Are you an international student?

My D was waitlisted, then admitted to Wellesley. We had significant need, and Wellesley met it.
    · Reply · Share
    My comment was in regards to the Davis Degree program. It is not really need blind, I just wish I would have known that beforehand.
    · Reply · Share
    My situation is a bit different in that I don't have any federal grants left (it has been used up, long story). So, it appears that Wellesley at least wants to admit students who have federal grants left, like I'm sure you daughter had pell grants in addition to her Wellesley grants.

As I said before, I just wish I would have known that they were going to base their decision off of FA.
    · Reply · Share
    It doesn't matter though. I wasn't trying to vent on here. I am trying more schools this year. Congrats everyone who got in.
    · Reply · Share