I'm a female high school senior at an all girls school in NY. I have a good list of about 8 schools, but Wes is definitely a top choice for me. Do I have a good chance? I know it's a reach, but I still want a better idea of where I stand. Thanks so much!
Ethnicity: African-American/Puerto Rican
GPA: 3.8 UW / 4.20 W
Rank: 31/262 (top 12%)
SAT- 2140 (CR-720, M-690, W-730)
SAT II- 640 on Bio, 730 on US history
I've been consistently in all AP/honors classes all four years.
My school doesn't offer as many APs as it does honors, but I took the AP US exam last year (got a 4),
and will be taking the AP Chem and AP English exams later this year.
Activities and Honors:
- Managing Editor of the School Newspaper (was Copy Editor last year, and Secretary year before that)
- Senior Representative of the National Honor Society
- Paying job as a teacher assistant at a local Karate dojo (been in karate for past 5 years)
- Volunteer summer camp counselor at local parish for 2 years
- Volunteer lab assistant at local research center (all of Jr year)
- Was Secretary of Architecture Club (couldn't continue for senior year since it conflicted with NHS)
- Member of Pax Christi/Outreach (volunteer work)
- Member of Social Justice Initiative
- Won full scholarship to Adelphi University's Anne Hoffman Writer's Retreat
- Won essay competition for local newspaper
- Honorable mention in NYU march of dime's essay competition