Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

"Ask a Current Student!"

12345679»

Replies to: "Ask a Current Student!"

• WesTalkWesTalk Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    @sketchingg- Thanks for your question! I just want to preface this by saying it’s a very touchy subject talking about drugs/alcohol on college campuses because they are obviously available if you are looking for it (even if it is illegal or if you are underage) and that they will be present on ANY college campus. However, if you are not looking to participate in smoking or drinking you will NEVER be pressured to do so at Wesleyan. I feel confident in saying that peer pressure does not exist at Wesleyan and I have never been pressured to participate in anything that I haven’t wanted to in my Wesleyan career
  • WesTalkWesTalk Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
    @Aurelie426- Although Wesleyan gets double the National funding in the sciences in comparison to our peer LACs, we still have very strong Humanities. However, there will probably be more opportunities in the sciences in regards to research; because the majority of our research on campus is being done in the sciences. That does not mean that students cannot do research in the humanities or social sciences, there is just more funding for the sciences due to our graduate population. In regards to most popular majors: biology, English, and psychology are always at the top. Showing a large number of students are heavily invested in all three division—humanities, social science, and natural sciences.
  • imo404imo404 Registered User Posts: 36 Junior Member
    Does Wes have a good maths program ? and is it generous to International Students ?
This discussion has been closed.