right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Sixth Most Beautiful Campus

circuitridercircuitrider 3281 replies165 postsRegistered User Senior Member
edited July 21 in Wesleyan University
That's according to a website called, College Consensus - with the slight qualification that it prizes Autumn foliage. So, obviously, a lot of southwestern campuses wouldn't make the cut. Still, it's nice to see Wesleyan's carefully curated architectural legacy and natural beauty getting the attention it deserves:
https://www.collegeconsensus.com/rankings/most-beautiful-colleges-autumn/
edited July 21
10 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Sixth Most Beautiful Campus

• CU123CU123 3419 replies61 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    So anyplace that has foliage that turns in the Fall, wow couldn't tell the difference between 1 and 30, god, we love rankings.
    · Reply · Share
  • KnowsstuffKnowsstuff 3657 replies16 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    If Michigan not on this list it's not real. Same company does "Most haunted campuses 🤔.
    · Reply · Share
  • circuitridercircuitrider 3281 replies165 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    ^Well, I won't pretend I've set foot on all thirty campuses, but, #27 looks a little shaky to me.
    · Reply · Share
  • EmpireappleEmpireapple 1552 replies25 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I have been to #27 and it doesn't qualify - in any season.
    · Reply · Share
  • doschicosdoschicos 20599 replies209 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    I love Wesleyan Would have been very happy for my kids to go there. That said, even in autumn, it wouldn't rank in my top 10 most beautiful campuses list.
    · Reply · Share
  • circuitridercircuitrider 3281 replies165 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    ^I was looking at the staff backgrounds of the College *Consensus* (an obvious take-off on College *Confidential*) team and it is striking that they all come from the American southwest. So, it might explain such notable omissions as Swarthmore, Hamilton and Amherst. OTOH, Wesleyan almost certainly got a boost from being cross-listed on the "25 Best River and Lake Colleges" (#5)
    https://www.collegeconsensus.com/rankings/best-river-colleges/
    · Reply · Share
  • Little3gradLittle3grad 5 replies0 postsRegistered User New Member
    Rating is not at all surprising. The diversity and quality of the architecture on the Wesleyan campus is hard to beat. On a fall afternoon, NESCAC football in the center of campus on one of the oldest collegiate athletic fields still in use is a unique experience.
    · Reply · Share
  • privatebankerprivatebanker 5090 replies72 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited July 23
    No Boston College for autumn with the trees grass and plantings. Nah list is sketchy !

lol.

There are so many - it’s a good list. But like any other list, so subjective.
    edited July 23
    · Reply · Share
  • sushirittosushiritto 3659 replies9 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    edited July 23
    Not a single Calfornia school? Obviously anti-California. :smiley:
    edited July 23
    · Reply · Share
  • merc81merc81 10149 replies151 postsRegistered User Senior Member
    Posters may want to consider that the site itself states that the included colleges have "not [been ranked] according to any measure of their relative beauty." (Italics added.)
    · Reply · Share