right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Lily Wuerth got into UC Berkeley, UCLA, Georgia Tech, Rice, USC, etc. She decided to attend Georgia Tech, where she will be majoring in chemical engineering. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Wesleyan RD 2024

Replies to: Wesleyan RD 2024

• missanthrop0cenemissanthrop0cene 6 replies0 threads New Member
    edited March 25
    rejected :-( wes was one of my top choices.. congratulations to everyone that got in !
    edited March 25
    · Reply · Share
  • iniem1iniem1 18 replies1 threads Junior Member
    @musicer16 Me too, actually! Good luck on the Brown decisions tomorrow. I got into Wes!
    · Reply · Share
    I got in!
    · Reply · Share
  • AuntlydiaAuntlydia 66 replies1 threads Junior Member
    Another WL (also WL at Emory earlier this evening). D20 will stay on the WL.

33ACT, top EC’s with service and leadership, school book award, strong LOR’s from teachers who knew D well. Intended major is Psychology. We visited the school but did not secure an interview.
    · Reply · Share
  • figgeryfiggery 40 replies0 threads Junior Member
    Waitlisted! All of DD's high matches (match but w/ acceptance rates below 20%) ended up as waitlist. So far her count is 5 Acceptances, 4 Waitlists, 2 TBD.
    · Reply · Share
  • shazzyishshazzyish 1 replies0 threads New Member
    edited March 25
    Accepted
    male from midwest
    4.0 UW GPA - 6 AP classes, 8-9 Honors
    ACT- E34 R36 M31 S29
    2 sports in high school
    Member of many clubs, lots of ECs, participated in community efforts
    Great recommendations

Congrats everyone! Everything happens for a reason
    edited March 25
    · Reply · Share
  • scoop85scoop85 96 replies2 threads Junior Member
    DS accepted! He’s gotten into all his matches, and a bit surprised with acceptances to Colgate and Wesleyan with a 31 ACT given the daunting numbers. He’s a well-rounded student with some decent EC’s (mostly sports), and I think he had a nice essay and must’ve received some strong teacher recommendations.

He’s interested in history at this point, and will have some tough decisions.

Congrats to those accepted, and best of luck to everyone in your search—the right school is there for everyone.
    · Reply · Share
  • alaegorionalaegorion 4 replies0 threads New Member
    Did anyone hear anything about the Hamilton Prize?
    · Reply · Share
  • Hopeful2024erHopeful2024er 35 replies0 threads Junior Member
    edited March 25
    I got in!
    Asian International, 1490, 35, 780, 700, 4.0/4.3.

Apply Comp Sci/Film

Excellent film/digital art portfolio (very proud works, 10/10)

Congrats to admitted students.

Top choice beside Brown University.
    edited March 25
    · Reply · Share
  • JazzbutcherJazzbutcher 28 replies0 threads Junior Member
    DS was accepted.

OOS (NY)
    SAT 1510
    GPA 100.12 weighted 96.7 unweighted
    APs: 8 APs, all others honors
    Heavy ECs: Track and Cross Country all-county, Lead in School Musical, internship, volunteer work, NHS President, multiple clubs, jazz band, a capella, songwriting

Accepted: William and Mary, Binghamton, Clemson
    WL: UVA, Amherst, UNC, Johns Hopkins
    Deferred: Yale

Last six including Yale tomorrow night at 7 p.m. It's so much worse knowing when it's coming....

Good luck everyone!
    · Reply · Share
  • chantillycake1chantillycake1 11 replies0 threads New Member
    edited March 25
    My decision keeps getting harder. I got in, and I was surprised as I didn't interview (it's recommended there).

Stats (Giving ranges)-
    Science & Society
    ACT: 34-36
    GPA: 3.9-4.0/4.6-4.8
    SAT Subject Tests: 780-800 US History, 750-780 Bio M
    Top 10% in class
    Almost all APs, but didin't take 6 classes a semester. Scores mostly 5's w/ a couple 4's.
    LORs: Above Average (Teacher #1), Average (Teacher #2), Above Average (Volunteer Manager), and Average (Counselor, I go to a larger school)
    ECs: In the community, average. At school, below average.
    Essay: 9/10

Accepted: UCLA, UCI w/regents, UCR w/ regents, UH Manoa, UH Hilo, UMass Amherst, Whitman, Carleton, Haverford, and Wesleyan
    Waitlisted: Colby, Hamilton, and Middlebury
    Rejected: Amherst and Emory (Both)
    Pending: Vassar

Good luck to everyone!
    edited March 25
    · Reply · Share
    @alaegorion No, I haven't. Do you know when we find out?
    Congratulations on getting in, by the way
    · Reply · Share
    @Hopeful2024er Same, other than Brown this is my top choice. Congrats, and good luck with Brown!
    · Reply · Share
  • alaegorionalaegorion 4 replies0 threads New Member
    @iniem1
    Thanks! You too! I have no idea when we find out. Hopefully they haven’t come out yet.
    · Reply · Share
  • musicer16musicer16 70 replies5 threads Junior Member
    @iniem1 Good luck to you as well! I also applied to the Hamilton Prize. I think I read somewhere the winner isn't notified until mid May. I hope that isn't right, because it's after decision day... (also, I realized I got so excited I misspelled it's. I promise I know the difference lol)
    · Reply · Share
  • spelledwithakspelledwithak Inactive User 87 replies8 threads Junior Member
    admitted!
    · Reply · Share
  • spachenspachen 23 replies0 threads Junior Member
    DS was admitted. He also got into Williams and Amherst & 4 other liberal arts colleges + one OOS State school. Waiting for one Ivy tomorrow. A bit worried about financial aid, but otherwise very happy.
    —From the Mid-Atlantic
    · Reply · Share
  • gotham_momgotham_mom 37 replies0 threads Junior Member
    DD rejected. Accepted to Williams, Middlebury, Haverford, Colby, Kenyon, Oberlin, and Grinnell. Just goes to show you what a crapshoot college admissions can be. She never thought that she would get into Williams!
    · Reply · Share
  • ohwellwhateverohwellwhatever 14 replies3 threads Junior Member
    accepted! 4.14, 1510. super excited, but currently torn between wesleyan and a couple of other schools!! congrats to everyone :)
    · Reply · Share
  • RobgliRobgli 5 replies0 threads New Member
    Have a feeling that this year the Wes acceptance rate is muuuch lower than previous years as the school has become more popular and on the radar of more and more kids. Yes a crap shoot indeed my dd got into Wes and Midd but not Williams. Also each school is looking for a specific type of student. Williams seems to like more standard academic sporty kids. Whereas the motto at Wes is "keep Wes wierd." Wes cares a lot about the ECs and recommends an interview. Williams goes more off of test scores and grades. Not that Wes doesn't care about grades too but the fact that they are test optional says a lot. They also track who visits, so demonstrated interest I think also counts for something.
    · Reply · Share