Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Anyone off the waitlist???

Replies to: Anyone off the waitlist???

• oldyaleoldyale Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    After emailing admissions last week it has been learned that yes, in fact, Wesleyan is planning on some waiting list activity in the next few days and weeks. As you may know Harvard is taking 150 (at least) from their waiting list, Penn is taking 90, etc. This is all extremely Darwinian at this point and it may take some time before waiting list offers come from Wes. They do not rank their list, but rather pick from it based upon the needs of the class they want to build. Our sense is that people may begin hearing this week once and that process will go on into the summer. Normally about 5% of the incoming class is from the waiting list, or about 40 people. Good luck to everyone who is hanging in there.
  • mountainsmountains Registered User Posts: 756 Member
    Looks like the waitlist is active. Please refer to thread entitled, "a few questions." The poster is international so I'm not sure if the waitlist is active for internationals for now.
  • colberTreporTcolberTreporT Registered User Posts: 147 Junior Member
    Check this out: Wesleying: Meet the Class of 2012 (Pending Waitlist) .

In the comments section, the first comment is someone who stated confidently that Wesleyan won't be using the waitlist this year, and that person also did not deny whether or not he/she is on the admissions committee. This might mean that they are either taking a very small number of people (less than 10) or none at all.
  • limitedvocablimitedvocab Registered User Posts: 309 Junior Member
    Yep, I'm an international student, and my case is probably a little different from y'all. It's a long story. But good luck to everyone on the waitlist!
    Yeah, I got your PM, and it does appear to be a unique case for you, not the usual waitlist situation.

I guess the rest of us still have to wait...
    It's been a few more days now, and STILL NOBODY? On the Class of 2012 blog someone said that they won't be accepting any students from the waitlist, so I'm a little down. I guess Harvard's 200 didn't come from Wes, huh?
  • madjoymadjoy Registered User Posts: 625 Member
    I know students (albeit not many) who were taken off the waitlist into the summer.
  • mountainsmountains Registered User Posts: 756 Member
    About a week ago, my son got an email asking if he still wanted to stay on the waitlist and that Wes will likely go the waitlist in June. I think they sent this email to all those on the waitlist.
    ^I got that email last week too. I accepted the position again, but this is definitely torture.
  • ilk07ilk07 Registered User Posts: 285 Junior Member
    i got a letter, not an e-mail. then my parents accidently threw it out. I called admissions today though, and hopefully i'm still on the list
  • rma32rma32 Registered User Posts: 281 Junior Member
    on the facebook group for the class of 2012 someone commented they were taken off the waitlist
  • Congress12Congress12 Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    are you sure they weren't an international? I think they may have a seperate waitlist? I heard of an international getting off the waitlist just no domestic activity.
  • rma32rma32 Registered User Posts: 281 Junior Member
    it looks like they are from california, not an international student
    Ahhh, that's good for that Californian, but soooo disheartening for me.
  • imerjaimerja Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    Does anyone know the current status of the waitlist? Has Wesleyan taken anyone off? If not, any idea when?
This discussion has been closed.