Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

intramural sports

beachluverbeachluver Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
edited May 2008 in Wesleyan University
Trying to find out the time commitment if someone wants to play an IM sport instead of a varsity sport. Also do the IM teams ever get to play other schools?
Post edited by beachluver on

Replies to: intramural sports

• jumble_jjumble_j Registered User Posts: 261 Junior Member
    Intramural sports are just within Wesleyan. They're really casual, no practices usually.

Club sports play other schools, and do have practices. Time commitment is pretty highly variable depending on the sport-- do you have one in mind?
  • krongmankrongman - Posts: 78 Junior Member
    club soccer practices 3 times a week for about 2 hours and has an occasional game vs. UConn/Tufts/Brown/Yale (last 4 games we've played)...

i know club rugby also does 3 practices/week. that's more or less the time commitment, if you choose to attend every practice. in the case of club soccer nobody does except the captains. i go about 1-2 times a week; today was the first practice i'd been to in almost a month.

so it's pretty informal
  • beachluverbeachluver Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    thanks. that was exactly what i needed to know.
This discussion has been closed.