right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Rohan is a freshman at Dartmouth (and loves it) having gotten in ED for the Class of 2023. He's here to debunk myths regarding admissions and student life at his school. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our May Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Got admittance letter from Western Michigan University

SirDarknightSirDarknight 2 replies6 threads New Member
I applied Early Action to WMU, got my decision on 17 November. Yesterday, I received my admittance letter, they sent me my Bronco NetID and everything.
I was under the impression that when I receive a decision from a university, I have to reply and choose to be admitted to that university. I haven't received decisions from my other EA unis yet, I wanted to wait for them before I finalized my choice. My question is, is this how it's supposed to be or am I missing something here?
3 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Got admittance letter from Western Michigan University

• BuckeyeMWDSGBuckeyeMWDSG 1018 replies11 threads Senior Member
    Generally, you collect admission offers, review the financial aid offers and accept one of the offers (confirm enrollment) by May 1st.

"Send $100 Admission Confirmation Deposit, or request a deposit waiver, preferably before May 1. This fee confirms your enrollment" https://wmich.edu/admissions/admittedbroncos

Don't feel rushed to make any decision until you know all your options.

· Reply · Share
  • BuckeyeMWDSGBuckeyeMWDSG 1018 replies11 threads Senior Member
    edited December 2019
    Btw, you should set up your Bronco Net ID (and for other colleges you are admitted to) and check them regularly since these are often the colleges preferred method of contacting admitted students with important information. And make sure all colleges have the info. they need to offer financial aid by their priority deadlines.

After you make your decision you confirm enrollment by paying the confirmation deposit of the college you want to enroll in.
    edited December 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • SirDarknightSirDarknight 2 replies6 threads New Member
    Thanks a lot for your reply. I dunno how I missed the link that you provided there. It states that I should pay my admission confirmation fee before May 1. So, I can wait until my RD decisions come out.
    Thanks again.
    · Reply · Share