Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Maintenance will occur on the site beginning at 10:00 am PT tomorrow morning. While it is very unlikely, this may result in intermittent down time. Thank you in advance for your understanding!

Chances for Ivies

csninjacsninja Registered User Posts: 54 Junior Member
edited October 2011 in What Are My Chances?
I was wondering how ivy leagues and other top tier schools like Duke would see 2 B's in my junior year. Unfortunately, for the two hardest AP's of my Junior year, there are two teachers for APUSH and AP English. One of them is super easy, while the other gives very few A's. Alas, I got BOTH of the harder teachers and am struggling. I have strong EC's and around 2100 SAT's (will re-take for higher score).

What I ask is how would top schools view and an all A student (except for 1 B Sophomore year) with 2 B's his Junior first semester? (Will try and get all A's second semester) And would colleges ever know that some students had a super easy Junior year while others struggled and still got a B?

Thanks

Replies to: Chances for Ivies

• Penguinito22Penguinito22 Registered User Posts: 156 Junior Member
    You will be evaluated in the context of your school, which means that the difficulty/competitiveness of your school is taken into account. I'm not sure if admission officers would necessarily know that you got the harder teachers, unfortunately. As long as you have a high class rank relative to your peers though, you can still be competitive.

Chance me back! Not sure how to post a link to a thread, but the name of my thread is "Chance an Alaskan for top schools"
This discussion has been closed.