Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Introducing a New Expert Content Section: Careers!

Do I have a chance at all?

HuskyMixHuskyMix Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
edited July 2012 in What Are My Chances?
Hello,

Im a US Citizen from Europe and Im graduating next year in 11th grade.

I want to apply to US universities in the next weeks/monts.

My stats:

GPA (unweight): 3.4

Math 410
Writing 410
CR 500

I´m not participating in any school activities because my school offers only a drama club and Im not really interested in that. :(

I know my SAT scores are weak. I thought I could weight out the SAT scores with my GPA but I found out that I have to count together all grades starting from 9th grade. Otherwise I would have had a 3.7 or 3.8.

I´m interested in International Studies/Affairs/Relations.

I thought about applying to UMaine, BGSU, EWU. Do I have a chance? Where could I look in to, too? Do I have a chance at US universities at all? :(

I hope someone can help me! Thanks

Bye :)
Post edited by HuskyMix on

Replies to: Do I have a chance at all?

• HuskyMixHuskyMix Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    bump.... :)
  • Etuck24Etuck24 Registered User Posts: 1,386 Senior Member
    You're at a disadvantage being an international, but I wouldn't rule out BGSU, or EWU....Maine might be more of a stretch.
    Thanks for your reply! :)

I already asked some universities and they all told me that I am considered a normal freshman student because Im a US Citizen and dont need a visa.

I really hope BGSU or EWU works for me. But I think my poor SAT score puts me in a big disadvantage. :(
    bump...

someone else has another idea? :)
  • ArtsyGirl13ArtsyGirl13 Registered User Posts: 2,986 Senior Member
    I am not too familiar with the schools, that being said your two weakest things are your scores and EC's. If you were not officially a member of an activity I suggest you look back at how you spent your time and try and include it in your application somehow (for example maybe you played baseball all the time through a community team). Also do you have any community service/leadership?
    I´m trying to get into community service, but it seems a little bit difficult because we normally don´t do that here and I have to organize everything by myself. I don´t had any leadership at all. Like I said, there are not a lot of activities at my school or in my community. :(
This discussion has been closed.